• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

TheBirdy

pilot
At 4 days in is there one thing you really wish you had prepared better for? thanks

Not sure what you mean, but as far as preparing before OCS goes: study the CoC, General Orders, Articles of the Code of Conduct and rank structure (will save you a lot of time), do a lot of running and circuit, calisthenic routines and prepare to be extremely tired/sleepy for the first few weeks.

How was PT? running and what not. Anything you would have done differently, or anything you saw someone else do that was a mistake.

PT is 5 days a week. When I was there, PT was outdoor, but the weather has gotten pretty cold so now it is in the gym. If you end up doing the running days in door, you'll do it on the in door track which is tiny (20 laps = 1.5 miles). It'll be a variation of sprint jogs on certain days, as well as stations (do one exercise for a set time, move to another, so and so forth) on other days. If the weather is really bad, you'll PT inside Nimitz (the living area for all the candidates). That consists of exercises you might find in Insanity, or P90X. If you have a lot of muscle, prepare for it to atrophy. Learn to bear crawl..

romoth

did anyone run with a compression sleeve on their leg or with a wrap? Im healing up from a strained muscle in my leg and the sleeve on my leg seems to help the soreness. Im also wondering if doing so would make you "stand out".

jay_navy

Hello everyone, sorry for jumping in the conversation on a new topic. I have a question about graduation recency and application for OCS. So I've read somewhere online but I can't remember where, and I can't find it anymore, that you have a (12 month) limit after graduation to the time you start your package for OCS. After this period, you are no longer eligible to apply. The recruiter I've talked to is somewhat new and have heard nothing about this instruction. Therefore, I want to be 100% certain before moving forward from anyone who may have heard or read this. I graduated almost a year ago and was busy with other things so my application process got delayed (taking ASTB etc.). I'm aiming for SNA/NFO/Intel in that order. I have a BS in Aeronautics with 4 years prior AD time, NAVRES affiliation and 150+ FW experience.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

VoodooNova

None
did anyone run with a compression sleeve on their leg or with a wrap? Im healing up from a strained muscle in my leg and the sleeve on my leg seems to help the soreness. Im also wondering if doing so would make you "stand out".

There was a person in my class who got a medical chit to be able to wear compression sleeves for his knees. As long as if you have the chit and can keep up with the program, it's not going to make you "stand out".

MG2012

Hello everyone, sorry for jumping in the conversation on a new topic. I have a question about graduation recency and application for OCS. So I've read somewhere online but I can't remember where, and I can't find it anymore, that you have a (12 month) limit after graduation to the time you start your package for OCS. After this period, you are no longer eligible to apply. The recruiter I've talked to is somewhat new and have heard nothing about this instruction. Therefore, I want to be 100% certain before moving forward from anyone who may have heard or read this. I graduated almost a year ago and was busy with other things so my application process got delayed (taking ASTB etc.). I'm aiming for SNA/NFO/Intel in that order. I have a BS in Aeronautics with 4 years prior AD time, NAVRES affiliation and 150+ FW experience.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
Nope -- Applying now, four years after my bachelors degree

Unsat

Will I be rolled back if I cant pass my sit and reach? I was prior enlisted and always a pretty decent athlete, so the other parts were a breeze for me. But the sit and reach always killed me. I had somebody try to fail me on my PRT one time and send me to FEP, but my Chief overrid them.

That being said, will I be rolled if I cant pass sit and reach? Going for NFO.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Will I be rolled back if I cant pass my sit and reach? I was prior enlisted and always a pretty decent athlete, so the other parts were a breeze for me. But the sit and reach always killed me. I had somebody try to fail me on my PRT one time and send me to FEP, but my Chief overrid them.

That being said, will I be rolled if I cant pass sit and reach? Going for NFO.

Sit and reach is no longer a PFA event. It hasn't been a requirement for a few years now.

Corpsmanup780

pilot

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Well I guess I will just go fuck myself then... here is the Navy PRT instruction since I am not a credible enough source. https://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/06000 Medical and Dental Services/06-100 General Physical Fitness/6110.1J.pdf
Why yes, yes you can go fuck yourself. After all, everyone should just believe any answer they get on the internet from some random dude who did not supply any documentation.

You're second answer with the PRT instruction is the way it should have been done initially. Then your indignation might have been justified. Unsat was fully justified in asking for confirmation.

I read through this entire thread (all 286 pages) and have some questions.

1) Do I still need to place my bag in a shipmates car or is there a storage room (I will not be driving there.....I will pick up my car after graduation)?

2) How harsh is the first PRT when I get there graded? Do they still deduct pushup/curls after they have been counted? Should I just hit the minimum and then quit? Knifehands, etc?

3) Anything wrong with reporting in very comfortable clothes (i.e. sweatpants and a hoodie)?

V/R

SmokeNewports