• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Corpsmanup780

pilot
Is there any benefit to doing the more difficult Officer Candidate Billets? What makes all the extra work required worth the effort apart from the pride in a job well done?

Whitefoot

None
In my experience, having your name out there isnt ALWAYS a good thing haha.

By the Candio phase, everyone gets his or her phone back. Before that, only the president, VP, or the Medical liaison gets to have a phone. Aside from that, after it is all said and done, there was no real added benefit.

Corpsmanup780

pilot
By the Candio phase, everyone gets his or her phone back. Before that, only the president, VP, or the Medical liaison gets to have a phone. Aside from that, after it is all said and done, there was no real added benefit.
Thanks for the info!

You graduated OCS in may of last year, are you still in API? Is that due to backlog?

Sonog

pilot
Is there any benefit to doing the more difficult Officer Candidate Billets? What makes all the extra work required worth the effort apart from the pride in a job well done?

OCS is a crash course in leadership and becoming an officer. You get out of it what you put in. Some people actually lack good real world leadership experience and these billets and candio billets kind of provide that. Post OCS no one in the Navy gives a shit if you were class president or regimental commander or honor graduate. But if you want to make the most out of your OCS experience challenge yourself and try to go for the more demanding billets.

As far as this hair thing goes I keep hearing different things. I've been told that women do not have to cut their hair as long as it can go smoothly in a bun and ponytail. I head to OCS Feb 14 so if anyone who was recently there could let me know that would be fantastic.

They won't cut your hair unless it's too short to put up in a bun. Learn how to do a sock bun cause they won't let you use hair/bobby pins!

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete

You get the satisfaction of actually doing something to help, rather than sit around and try to get by unnoticed. Too many people tried to get away with doing stuff, and it only made things more difficult for the people who actually wanted to get stuff done.

Plus, if you take on a more difficult billet, you get to usually have a more important role during the graduation ceremony.

romoth

How was PT? running and what not. Anything you would have done differently, or anything you saw someone else do that was a mistake.

LET73

At 4 days in is there one thing you really wish you had prepared better for? thanks
I'm not who you asked, but at four days in? No. You're nuking it. If you got picked up for OCS and can pass a PFA, I promise you, you'll be fine on Day Four.

ONewYork

I'm not who you asked, but at four days in? No. You're nuking it. If you got picked up for OCS and can pass a PFA, I promise you, you'll be fine on Day Four.
I know I will be fine. I want to know is if there is any paperwork/personal info./memorization/car procedures or anything somebody who has started at OCS could tell me.
Thank you