• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, once you're a candi-o, you can head down to the NEX barber and get it cut as often as you have the free time.

Bluecore

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but do we have access to have a haircut later on in OCS? I am a female and I have a short and appropriate haircut, it is just a tad shorter than a pixie cut. My hair grows kind of fast and I would like to have a generally decent appearance when it comes to hair for graduation (versus looking like a shaggy slob.) Also, if there is a different place for females and males to go for haircuts, is it possible (later on in OCS, like Candi-O phase) for me to get my hair cut by an electric shaver because that's what I get now.

I can't believe out of all questions I have, I pick this one to ask right now. But I was just curious.

Week 1, you get a haircut that hangs no lower than your shoulders if you don't already have it that way. I can't remember which, if any of the females left that up to the NEX barber shop. There are quite a few women who cut hair at the NEX but it is definitely not a salon. You could spend your off base liberty at a salon if you wanted, if graduation is your concern.

As a woman, trust me, if your hair is not on point, Staff Sergeant Vasquez will make sure you know ;)

Males get their heads shaved every two weeks and then at some point you're allowed to grow it out and conform to regular Navy reg. Can't remember if tht was week 6 or 9.

Oh and as for regimental billets, if you get bat 2 staff it's pretty much the greatest thing ever. You have like 10 people to do 2 things and then you chill the rest of the time at OCS. I slept until lunch a good 4-5 times during Candi-O phase as Batt 2 staff.

Last edited:

SoopurHero816

You could spend your off base liberty at a salon if you wanted, if graduation is your concern.

I'm assuming this is towards the middle-to-end of Candi-O phase, and the liberty (if you are in good standing) is taken during the weekend? (sorry, this will be the final question on this ridiculous subject.)

As a woman, trust me, if your hair is not on point, Staff Sergeant Vasquez will make sure you know ;)

Yeah, I assumed that. I will have bigger problems than my hair, I know this. :rolleyes:

Larick

None
Contributor
H-class duty driver. Easiest job if they still have it. You're pulled from all the OOD/rover watches and all you do is drive the Med van till lunch.

Bluecore

I'm assuming this is towards the middle-to-end of Candi-O phase, and the liberty (if you are in good standing) is taken during the weekend? (sorry, this will be the final question on this ridiculous subject.)

Yeah, I assumed that. I will have bigger problems than my hair, I know this. :rolleyes:

Candi-Os get Liberty during the weekends of weeks 9 10 and 11. The first weekend is on base with I believe a midnight curfew, or maybe it was 2200. The second weekend is off base, not overnight. The last weekend is off base and overnight is authorized with the appropriate chits. So during those last two weeks you could conceivably visit a salon.

SoopurHero816

Candi-Os get Liberty during the weekends of weeks 9 10 and 11. The first weekend is on base with I believe a midnight curfew, or maybe it was 2200. The second weekend is off base, not overnight. The last weekend is off base and overnight is authorized with the appropriate chits. So during those last two weeks you could conceivably visit a salon.

Thank you so much!! :) that fully answers my question!

ehoney

Not in Kansas anymore
Do I need to bring my own running shoes? My current pair fit fine but look ratty, should I invest in a new pair? Do the uniforms you buy at OCS include dress shoes?

Also, do I need to bring my own brown belt or is that included with the uniforms?