• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Whitefoot

None
I texted my OR about this today but haven't gotten a response yet. Are we allowed to bring compression sleeves for shin splints? If so, what color? I would assume white since we wear white running socks. I recently started getting shin splints and I've been looking at getting some sleeves to help out.
If you are going to do it, definitely get white without any markings. You are technically supposed to get a chit from medical saying that you need them. Otherwise you are putting yourself at risk of the RDC and Class DI to rip you a new one when they see you wearing them.

mhunter

None
If you are going to do it, definitely get white without any markings. You are technically supposed to get a chit from medical saying that you need them. Otherwise you are putting yourself at risk of the RDC and Class DI to rip you a new one when they see you wearing them.
Ok, thank you!

LadyT

So I found a link to a pdf of the items issued at OCS on the OCS website. Do we have to accept everything or can we bring some of it with us so our bill won't be so high at the end of OCS? The pdf indicated the bill could be up to $3,100.

PettyOfficerCJ

Issued uniforms will make up the bulk of that cost. Unless you're currently enlisted and bring some items that could crossover (ie. I'm bringing my NWU parka and fleece. It's quite expensive. I'm in Hawaii so mine is pretty much brand new still.), you won't be able to bring anything that would take off a substantial amount of money. You could bring t-shirts, socks, etc, I guess. You will be getting paid during OCS and will also receive a decent initial uniform allowance. The allowance won't cover every, but it will definitely help.

LadyT

Issued uniforms will make up the bulk of that cost. Unless you're currently enlisted and bring some items that could crossover (ie. I'm bringing my NWU parka and fleece. It's quite expensive. I'm in Hawaii so mine is pretty much brand new still.), you won't be able to bring anything that would take off a substantial amount of money. You could bring t-shirts, socks, etc, I guess. You will be getting paid during OCS and will also receive a decent initial uniform allowance. The allowance won't cover every, but it will definitely help.
Thanks!

KMC1020

I know we can wear a watch at some point during the 12 weeks, what kind of watch should this be? Would my black Fit Bit be fine? I use the watch portion on it more than anything else.

VoodooNova

None
I know we can wear a watch at some point during the 12 weeks, what kind of watch should this be? Would my black Fit Bit be fine? I use the watch portion on it more than anything else.

It's worth spending $10 and buying a cheap watch for OCS.

LadyT

I think I am going to get a G shock. Based on the one I reviewed, it can take a beating and keep on ticking.

AttackCanary

Is there any benefit to wearing a watch throughout the day? I'm kind of thinking once we are allowed to have them I might just use it for the alarm in the morning.

LadyT

Is there any benefit to wearing a watch throughout the day? I'm kind of thinking once we are allowed to have them I might just use it for the alarm in the morning.
Probably not much different than wearing a watch in the civilian world. Just to help you be on time and manage your time.

KMC1020

Yeah I ended up just buying a $15 watch at Target. It can go under water 100m and will time 30 laps. Has 2 alarms and it's not too bad to look at

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I think I am going to get a G shock. Based on the one I reviewed, it can take a beating and keep on ticking.

I bought a black G-Shock Rangeman (GW9400-1). It's pretty intense and dramatically more complicated than anything I would ever need. lol