• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
Do you start building leave as soon as you start OCS? How fast does this build?
Not even in yet, and already thinking about leave. ;)

On a similar note, does anyone already in remember that AFN commercial where some long-haired guy talks to an AD girl at a coffee shop, and decides to enlist in the Navy because leave is so great? It was great for a chuckle.

mhunter

None
Not even in yet, and already thinking about leave. ;)

On a similar note, does anyone already in remember that AFN commercial where some long-haired guy talks to an AD girl at a coffee shop, and decides to enlist in the Navy because leave is so great? It was great for a chuckle.
Haha yep! I was actually wondering more so since it looks like I'll be there over the holidays. Was wondering how all of that worked.

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
Haha yep! I was actually wondering more so since it looks like I'll be there over the holidays. Was wondering how all of that worked.
I think there're some posts regarding ocs holiday leave somewhere in the 100's on this thread.
Two week sabbatical from ocs during Christmas/New Years. You can stay there if you want but you can pick either a week off for Christmas OR New Years but not both. I'm not sure whether travel is reimbursed or not though. I'm hoping to be travelling home from Pensacola or Corpus though, not Newport! ;)

mhunter

None
I think there're some posts regarding ocs holiday leave somewhere in the 100's on this thread.
Two week sabbatical from ocs during Christmas/New Years. You can stay there if you want but you can pick either a week off for Christmas OR New Years but not both. I'm not sure whether travel is reimbursed or not though. I'm hoping to be travelling home from Pensacola or Corpus though, not Newport! ;)
Yea, I've seen a few things about it. I was wondering how much of a leave deficit I would have if I went home for Christmas. That's why I asked about how fast it builds up. Thankfully, I should be a candio by the stand down so I wouldn't have to go into too much of a deficit from what it looks like.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Yea, I've seen a few things about it. I was wondering how much of a leave deficit I would have if I went home for Christmas. That's why I asked about how fast it builds up. Thankfully, I should be a candio by the stand down so I wouldn't have to go into too much of a deficit from what it looks like.
You receive 2.5 days of leave per month.

PettyOfficerCJ

Another stupid question: Is there coffee at OCS? If so, are we only allowed to have it at specific meals? Are we allowed coffee in between meal times?

You sound like a sailor already ;)

Once, during a day of training, I asked a Chief if we were allowed to have coffee. She looked slightly horrified that I would even ask. She just glared at me and solemnly said "This is the Navy. Why would you even ask that question?" Apparently no true sailor would ever question the importance or legitimacy of coffee. haha

RuleofLawviation

T1 Advanced
I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that the ocs sabbatical during the holidays does not take away from your leave. But you're also not accruing leave for that time either. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though

mhunter

None
I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that the ocs sabbatical during the holidays does not take away from your leave. But you're also not accruing leave for that time either. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though
From my understanding, if you leave for one of the two weeks it will take away From your leave. If you stay, it does nothing.

Edit: And I've been talking about if I decide to go home for one of the two weeks.

VoodooNova

None

It takes away from your leave, if you choose either week. If you stay, you don't lose leave. You'll be accumulating leave either way, but taking one of the weeks will put you in the hole.