• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
So how was RLP? Did they inspect the shower's and sink as well? Did you have a roommate?
Yep, they inspect it all. The shower, sink, and head get inspected before they square up and start the individual session. Each hatch has two candidates with two hatches sharing a shower room with two showers.

MGoBrew11

pilot
Yep, they inspect it all. The shower, sink, and head get inspected before they square up and start the individual session. Each hatch has two candidates with two hatches sharing a shower room with two showers.

Ouch. I thought you guys had it pretty easy but maybe it was better for us in Old Nimitz.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor

Wow, very interesting. Must have been a lot more work for RLP but good thing you could take a shower in your room and not have to walk to the common head with the "squeaky" sandals. Did it include a toilet also? Hahaha...

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Wow, very interesting. Must have been a lot more work for RLP but good thing you could take a shower in your room and not have to walk to the common head with the "squeaky" sandals. Did it include a toilet also? Hahaha...
Ahh the sandals, AKA "go-slowers" (they didn't want us running in them because safety). I spent some time in Old Nimitz before we were moved to the new one (actually, being as I was in H-class, we did a lot of that moving, along with the student pool guys), I was one of the first classes to do RLP in the new building. Which was nice, because it was basically perfectly clean already, we just had to keep it that way. But the way it's set up, each room has two racks, a head, a sink, and some furniture (war lockers, desks, bedside tables), and each pair of rooms adjoins in a common area with two showers, so it was four candidates sharing two showers. The way it was explained to me, they'd like to have the building be available as a BEQ if the need should arise. Not sure how that would work, but the point is, it's much better than 30-40 guys sharing 5 showers in the morning, trying to do the three S's in about ten minutes (if we were lucky).

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Ahh the sandals, AKA "go-slowers" (they didn't want us running in them because safety). I spent some time in Old Nimitz before we were moved to the new one (actually, being as I was in H-class, we did a lot of that moving, along with the student pool guys), I was one of the first classes to do RLP in the new building. Which was nice, because it was basically perfectly clean already, we just had to keep it that way. But the way it's set up, each room has two racks, a head, a sink, and some furniture (war lockers, desks, bedside tables), and each pair of rooms adjoins in a common area with two showers, so it was four candidates sharing two showers. The way it was explained to me, they'd like to have the building be available as a BEQ if the need should arise. Not sure how that would work, but the point is, it's much better than 30-40 guys sharing 5 showers in the morning, trying to do the three S's in about ten minutes (if we were lucky).

Cool stuff man, completely different for sure. Good luck to whoever took a shit in the head right before RLP right? I'm sure that would be an immediate fail for "stinky odors".

Sonog

pilot

What's indoc week without hearing squish squish squish of go slowers in the pway every ten minutes during all hours of the night while you lie half asleep with the terror of a DI exploding in any second to ruin your world?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Cool stuff man, completely different for sure. Good luck to whoever took a shit in the head right before RLP right? I'm sure that would be an immediate fail for "stinky odors".
We designated one of the empty rooms for head use just before RLP. 50 candidates, one head. Holy shit, I've never smelled anything so foul in my entire life.

IronDuke

Can any recent graduates shed some light on what type of underwear men should bring. I am assuming white, but should they be boxer briefs or tighty whities? Also, should we bring a towel / washcloth?

croakerfish

pilot
Can any recent graduates shed some light on what type of underwear men should bring. I am assuming white, but should they be boxer briefs or tighty whities? Also, should we bring a towel / washcloth?

If I recall tighty whiteys were explicitly the only ones authorized, but then again nobody ever checked my freaking underwear. I could have worn Spidermans or a lime green thong and gotten away with it. Bring 2 of the biggest, softest white towels you can find. It will be the only good thing in your life for a while.