• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

jaimej

Basically, the VP only has as much power as the President gives him. His only constitutional power is to preside over the Senate and cast a tie-breaking vote when needed, a role traditionally carried out by the President pro tempore. The VP is also a part of the process for declaring the President unable to discharge his duties, along with half of the cabinet.
Thank you! I have cross-referenced so many sources and it's about equal the amount that consider the VP in the OCS Chain of Command and those that don't. I am on the Code of Conduct now, and will worry about that tidbit when I get there. :)

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Well, while the VP is not part of the legal chain of command, during our time at OCS, the CoC is pretty much whatever our instructors say it is. I'm not about to argue with them with my face on the floor.

jaimej

Well, while the VP is not part of the legal chain of command, during our time at OCS, the CoC is pretty much whatever our instructors say it is. I'm not about to argue with them with my face on the floor.
Ha ha! Very wise! I agree. I will just make adjustments as needed.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
are we given the CoC to memorize, scratch that, are we given a gouge packet in general to memorize like the OTCNINST one we probably were given by our recruiting team?

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Well, considering that packet doesn't include the VP, we probably won't have to worry about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a paper copy of that very packet and just say to fill in the CoC as they shout the answers at us.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
not sure if it's outpost or what but when you get your initial ransacking from your DI, does it matter if everything in your room is tight? If I make sure I have no IPs and folds are squared away and what not am I still ensured a verbal beating?

EDIT: or is it better to leave some "room for improvement"

Last edited:

BackOrdered

Contributor
not sure if it's outpost or what but when you get your initial ransacking from your DI, does it matter if everything in your room is tight? If I make sure I have no IPs and folds are squared away and what not am I still ensured a verbal beating?

EDIT: or is it better to leave some "room for improvement"

Right now your worrying will stand out more than any IP. Relax.

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Would it be a good idea to bring a laptop and will I benefit if I brought one?
From earlier in this thread:

http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...uestions-about-ocs.22736/page-214#post-782145

Ehh, it's your call. If you do bring it, you'll only get to use it for the last three weeks. Plus you won't be able to connect to the Internet in the barracks, so you'd have to bring it to the Starbucks/Internet cafe (actually I don't know if they even have Wi-Fi there), but they have a bunch of computers there anyway. They're MWR computers, free to connect to the Internet, but you have to set up an account with a credit card. I would lean towards "it's not really worth it to bring your laptop," but people have done it, or so I've heard.

acrjr718

Is there a medical exam upon arrival to OCS like at MEPS, and can you be disqualified at that point? I was on the fence for blood pressure/pulse at MEPS and concerned it will be even higher when I get to Newport.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Is there a medical exam upon arrival to OCS like at MEPS, and can you be disqualified at that point? I was on the fence for blood pressure/pulse at MEPS and concerned it will be even higher when I get to Newport.
I had the same issue 5 months out. You can be DQd in your initial physical; I just changed aspects of my life such as diet, weight and alcohol/caffine, the common sense stuff, and went from a consistent 150/95 to averaging 130/80. Most young people have high blood pressure because of lifestyle choices so switch it up and see what happens.