• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Zabka

I got a dumb question, I have moderate scaring on the back head which isn't visible until I am bald. Will medical/other staff get on my case about this?

WEGL12

VT-28
My orders have OCS as an intermediate school. No final activity :eek:

I imagine you get new orders/mod'd ones when you complete?

Most get their orders in the final two weeks of OCS. If you are aviation you won't get PCS orders until classing up for API, you just get TAD to Pensacola until classing up.

WEGL12

VT-28
Immunization records are good thing to bring if you have them. I had 3/4 or more of the shots completed but I got the full treatment because I could not locate all my records. There is nothing quite the assembly line of shots at OCS two days before a PRT.

This happened to me as well. Make sure you bring your shot records. By far the worst week of OCS for me was the 4th week. Got the flu-->started to get better-->got 7 shots-->got sick again just in time for the PFA. OCS was such a fun place ;)

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I got a dumb question, I have moderate scaring on the back head which isn't visible until I am bald. Will medical/other staff get on my case about this?
Just be able to articulate what its from, if you bumped your head as a child and have a scar from a stitch or two I doubt anyone is going to look twice. If you have a big ole zipper mark that looks like you had 20 stitches or staples they may want to see medical documents to see if you had a concussion.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
looking at the things to bring section on the OCS site it says to bring proof of all medals and awards etc. Well my question is my gun ribbons have not made it to my record i.e. rifle expert and pistol sharpshooter. So since i don't have record of those should i build a new rack that doesn't include those? Same thing for good conduct medal. i have never been to mast but i only one has made it into my records.

Novaspike

looking at the things to bring section on the OCS site it says to bring proof of all medals and awards etc. Well my question is my gun ribbons have not made it to my record i.e. rifle expert and pistol sharpshooter. So since i don't have record of those should i build a new rack that doesn't include those? Same thing for good conduct medal. i have never been to mast but i only one has made it into my records.

I'm doing the same right now. For your good conduct, it should be in your ESR. If it isn't, go to your ESO and they can add/verify it.

I'm curious about the rifle/pistol ribbons too. I don't have any paperwork either, so I'm thinking I have to write them off.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
I'm doing the same right now. For your good conduct, it should be in your ESR. If it isn't, go to your ESO and they can add/verify it.

I'm curious about the rifle/pistol ribbons too. I don't have any paperwork either, so I'm thinking I have to write them off.
Yeah I've never seen anyone awarded a marksmanship ribbon. For us its typically something that the TMs say we can wear after a gun shoot

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Not quite OCS, but I will be up at DCOIC in Newport in about 7 weeks. While I am there I will, for religious reasons, need to eat a vegetarian (preferably vegan) diet. How difficult will this be based on what they have available in the dining hall?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Not quite OCS, but I will be up at DCOIC in Newport in about 7 weeks. While I am there I will, for religious reasons, need to eat a vegetarian (preferably vegan) diet. How difficult will this be based on what they have available in the dining hall?
Well, they have a sizable salad bar, and stuff for PB+J's (which I lived on in candio phase). They also usually have a few veggie sides and at least one vegetarian entree option, although more often than not, it has egg in it, like the Monterrey egg bake, which is pretty good. They put out yogurt and cereal for breakfast, and they have hot-wets (oatmeal or grits or something in the morning, soups for lunch and dinner).

Brain fart, forgot yogurt is a dairy product.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
Anyone know if you can wear compression shorts under the navy shorts? I know in the fleet you can and I own the navy brand ones.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know if you can wear compression shorts under the navy shorts? I know in the fleet you can and I own the navy brand ones.
I believe they're not allowed if they're visible underneath the shorts. I know some of them tend to be a bit long, so they might poke out during sit-ups or some of the stretches. However, if you go when it's cold and you're wearing sweats, they'd never see them anyway.

BleedGreen

pilot
If you have had childhood asthma but have never had an attack and are completely free of asthma now what is the best way not to get NPQ'ed? or your advice on when going to medical Monday? I know this isn't an easy question but it is somewhat concerning. (asking for a friend btw) already got medically cleared for OCS going feb 2 SNA.
I just recently received my asthma waiver during my wonderful stay at OCS, and can give you a little bit of insight. Have you read the NAMI waiver guidelines on asthma? Their are general standards you have to meet but once your at OCS you can expect to take a pulomonary function test and a methacholine challenge test. Those tests are worth researching so you can know what to expect. Sometimes the flight surgeon will accept an MCT you had done prior to OCS but that's rare (with the flight surgeon their now at least). If you have any more questions on specifics PM me...

exNavyOffRec

Is it due to an accident? You should have disclosed it for MEPS, if it is disclosed and you were subsequently cleared by N3M then there should be no issues.