• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Andyb765

I tried to search up for the answer to this question first and couldn't find anything. Our PSD (or at least the people I have been talking to) also seem kinda lost on this question:

Where will the Navy move my family while I am at OCS if we are coming from overseas?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
IIRC, OCS is not a PCS move. You'll go to OCS and they'll get moved to your follow-on duty station when you get orders to it.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
In the faces of OCS video, I see the racks have 2 drawers under them as opposed to a coffin locker and they are open for RLP. Where is everything else being kept, the only thing I don't see standing open is the desk drawers.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
In the faces of OCS video, I see the racks have 2 drawers under them as opposed to a coffin locker and they are open for RLP. Where is everything else being kept, the only thing I don't see standing open is the desk drawers.
In the new building, they now have a war locker, a coffin locker, desk drawers, and a bedside cabinet thing. Unless they changed it, all the uninspectable stuff is locked in your coffin locker.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Thanks, I went and looked at the OTCN facebook pictures and see what you are talking about. The "faces" video shows mock wood furniture which is different from the metal furniture seen in the more recent photos. Only a few more days! I find myself humming the Marine Hymn and Anchors Aweigh so I am ready to get this show started.

theghettodefendant

None
I guess this would be the right thread to ask this in, but what are most people NPQed for at ocs? I don't have any medical problems that I know of and my eyes are fine for NFO. Are there other major things besides eyes that DQ people? I feel like I always read about a lot of people getting NPQed at OCS and it's making me nervous.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
High blood pressure is one that will give you a little more scrutiny as well as childhood asthma. Unless you have a history of something you should be golden.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I guess this would be the right thread to ask this in, but what are most people NPQed for at ocs? I don't have any medical problems that I know of and my eyes are fine for NFO. Are there other major things besides eyes that DQ people? I feel like I always read about a lot of people getting NPQed at OCS and it's making me nervous.
Eyes, anthros (body measurements, most commonly either arms are too short or femur is too long), and asthma. Not even asthma, just using an inhaler is sometimes enough.

Willy W

If you have had childhood asthma but have never had an attack and are completely free of asthma now what is the best way not to get NPQ'ed? or your advice on when going to medical Monday? I know this isn't an easy question but it is somewhat concerning. (asking for a friend btw) already got medically cleared for OCS going feb 2 SNA.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
If you have had childhood asthma but have never had an attack and are completely free of asthma now what is the best way not to get NPQ'ed? or your advice on when going to medical Monday? I know this isn't an easy question but it is somewhat concerning. (asking for a friend btw) already got medically cleared for OCS going feb 2 SNA.
I can't claim to know specifically, I haven't had to deal with it personally, but I would say to make sure the doctors know that your friend hasn't had any symptoms in a long time, and hasn't used an inhaler in a long time. Really hammer home that point. As long as a doctor didn't diagnose him/her more recently, it should be alright. Hopefully others with firsthand experience can shed some more light on the matter.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Also, if anyone reading used an inhaler for something other than ashtma (I had one for a few weeks with pneumonia when I was 11) make sure you never miss a chance to point out exactly what you had it for, and you'll be ok.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
What medical records are we supposed to bring to OCS are we expected to have a full medical history or what?

Not everything is expected but anything that would require further explanation or further documentation. Especially if you have a waiver I.e. Child asthma/Use of inhaler, recent broke limb, concussion, biopsy of moles, high blood pressure.

Immunization records are good thing to bring if you have them. I had 3/4 or more of the shots completed but I got the full treatment because I could not locate all my records. There is nothing quite the assembly line of shots at OCS two days before a PRT.

Novaspike

IIRC, OCS is not a PCS move. You'll go to OCS and they'll get moved to your follow-on duty station when you get orders to it.

My orders have OCS as an intermediate school. No final activity :eek:

I imagine you get new orders/mod'd ones when you complete?