• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Civilians see that picture and think something like "Cool!" or "How many schools would that pay for?"

I see that picture and think "Morning traffic is going to be a BITCH!"

428042_10151268030708041_981038671_n.jpg

Hello All...my question is in regard to BAH. I am already receiving BAH as an E-5 now, will I continue to receive this allowance while attending OCS if my lease is still active?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Civilians see that picture and think something like "Cool!" or "How many schools would that pay for?"
I get that... but ya know they've been dumping endless ton of $$$ into schools already, has done nothing but added hordes of non-producing school administrators, totally screwed over the curriculum, and bloated union coffers.

CVNs are a much better investment!;)

I see that picture and think "Morning traffic is going to be a BITCH!"
Periodic traffic crush exists in nearly every major city. This was a very rare situation, to have that many CVNs in port together. Result of schedule changes & uncertainty in anticipation of effect of the [then]upcoming sequester. Also, the "Big E" was just parked there temporarily with skeleton crew, awaiting disposition. The "big hammers" looked pretty awesome though.:D
Why sweat what the average civilians think. They're the same ones who bitch about military jet noise. CVNs and rare spurts of noise pollution... sorry folks,"part of the cost of freedom"!:p
BzB

Novaspike

If traffic is the problem they just need to get more states onboard with lane sharing (ala California).

I don't think I was ever late getting on or off North Island. Except for when there were jumpers.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
If traffic is the problem they just need to get more states onboard with lane sharing (ala California).

I don't think I was ever late getting on or off North Island. Except for when there were jumpers.

Are you talking about motorcycle lane sharing?

yakboyslim

None
If your an aviator NAMI hates candidates that go into med hold.

What is this based on besides an irrational fear of the NAMI whammy? I might be wrong (I don't work in NAMI, and I went to OCS 2.5 years ago) but this sounds like bad gouge.

Med-hold is different than H-class, and, at least when I was there, you went to H-class for not running -med hold if you had a health problem. I'm sure NAMI as to deny a certain number of people in med hold, but because of the specifics of their cases, not because NAMI "hates" them. Maybe I'm all jacked up, and there are different forces at play, but I don't think NAMI gives a crap past medical records and doctor visits.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Hello All...my question is in regard to BAH. I am already receiving BAH as an E-5 now, will I continue to receive this allowance while attending OCS if my lease is still active?
Yeah, you'll continue to receive BAH if you are already receiving it but you will lose BAS though.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Periodic traffic crush exists in nearly every major city. This was a very rare situation, to have that many CVNs in port together. Result of schedule changes & uncertainty in anticipation of effect of the [then]upcoming sequester. Also, the "Big E" was just parked there temporarily with skeleton crew, awaiting disposition. The "big hammers" looked pretty awesome though.:D
BzB

Only it isn't periodic. The traffic always sucks. Your best bet is to live in Ghent or Chick's Beach. Otherwise you are screwed daily.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Just trying to get the duckies in a row ;)

Luckily we have lined up a renter that wants a 2 year lease where we are now and the other house has a guy who wants to stay at least 1 more year.

On another note my whole class is SNAs and NFOs with the exception of a couple odd balls such as myself.

During 6-7th week all the SWO's in your class will get together to figure out ship selection. You have aways until then. Focus on the steps ahead first.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Can any recent OCS grads confirm the chain of command as far as the VP being in it for OCS purposes? I have heard he is not currently being included and there is only 13 as opposed to 14. Makes no sense to me.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Can any recent OCS grads confirm the chain of command as far as the VP being in it for OCS purposes? I have heard he is not currently being included and there is only 13 as opposed to 14. Makes no sense to me.
Yup that's true he is not included for some reason, giving you 13.

HLINGER_345

According to the new OCR which was published and is now being used at OTCN there is 13.