• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

robav8r

None
Contributor
to me bjj=vacation

just considering options on what i could do before ocs

OK, I guess. My "old age" would counsel you against going to a foreign country and engaging in a high risk activity which "could" compromise your OCS opportunity. Then again, maybe you go all the time and this is your "normal."

Good luck :)

BUDU

OK, I guess. My "old age" would counsel you against going to a foreign country and engaging in a high risk activity which "could" compromise your OCS opportunity. Then again, maybe you go all the time and this is your "normal."

Good luck :)

I would be equally worried about a sudden change to his OCS date while he's out of the country.

Renegade One

None
I'm planning on possibly spending a few months in Brazil to train in jiu jitsu...
Really? Prior to attending OCS?
to me bjj=vacation
I would be equally worried about a sudden change to his OCS date while he's out of the country.
So many things to say...so little time. Getting injured...travel plans getting AFU for whatever reason...repeated foreign travel to explain on a future security clearance investigation...changes to OCS date...
Seriously?

jtmedli

pilot
alright no more need to comment on my unreasonable question...thanks for the help :) it was one of those "in the moment" inspired ideas

Yeah..umm...anything that can be described as "in the moment" is usually worth a second thought cause it's probably NOT a good idea.

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
My stupid OCS question of the day: Are safety razors permitted? I read in an unofficial gouge pack that double edge razors will be confiscated, but there's nothing on the OTC website that says safety razors are prohibited. Didn't know if it was an unwritten rule or what. Any recent OCS grads have to confiscate safety razors when they were Candios and sorted through indocs' toiletries upon arrival?

nashvilleknifeshop_2217_2265081

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Going out of the country before OCS is entirely feesible BUT you should coordinate with your recruiter to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts. Doing that will ensure you don't ruin your security clearance and won't be told to relort to OCS on vacation.

Your biggest risk really is getting hurt while fighting and missing your OCS date or becoming NPQ entirely. However, that also depends on the rules of the tournaments.. a full contact event where your opponent will snap your arm in a heartbeat is a bad idea, but light contact is relatively safe.

Hope that helps.

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
My stupid OCS question of the day: Are safety razors permitted? I read in an unofficial gouge pack that double edge razors will be confiscated, but there's nothing on the OTC website that says safety razors are prohibited. Didn't know if it was an unwritten rule or what. Any recent OCS grads have to confiscate safety razors when they were Candios and sorted through indocs' toiletries upon arrival?

You can try, but chances are its going to get taken away. Either one of the Candios isn't going to recognize it for what it is and will think you're trying to bring in a knife of some kind, or a Candio actually will recognize it but still take it away because it is an open blade. Even if it is allowed, on the off chance you leave your toiletry kit unattended and your DI finds it, do you want to be destroyed for having an unauthorized, unsecured "weapon"?

I've never shaved with one before (used a straight razor for a little while but it became too cumbersome), but from what I heard, you might want to leave it at home just for simplicity sake. Most mornings you are shaving around 0420 - you are a zombie working on little sleep and probably not going to be focusing too much. Shaving "all four ways" with a safety razor under those conditions might do more harm than good, and will also take a lot longer than just using a Fusion or Mach3. My $.02, make it easier on yourself and get the disposables.

jtmedli

pilot

nashvilleknifeshop_2217_2265081

Just use a normal-ass, plastic, bic razor.

If your biggest concern is how you shaved that morning then I'll help you out here: MINUS ZERO ONE. (you'll get it later)

atlas359

Question about in-soles: I've heard it's a good idea to bring in-soles because of all the standing. walking, marching, etc., so which brand/kind would everyone recommend? Thanks in advance.

Ashfrank

T-45C instructor, airline guy
Just use a normal-ass, plastic, bic razor.

If your biggest concern is how you shaved that morning then I'll help you out here: MINUS ZERO ONE. (you'll get it later)

Lol. Promise it's not my biggest concern. Right now, I just want to make it through the first week! And, eventually, to get the Warrant Officers' insignia down pat. Headed to Newport on the 28th...