• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

natheo

FS SNA, July 8
I don't recall seeing this anywhere earlier, but are you expected to use that all caps block style recruit handwriting at OCS?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I don't recall seeing this anywhere earlier, but are you expected to use that all caps block style recruit handwriting at OCS?

No, unless your class team dictates so. We got used to doing it that way and writing that way when we had to do writing assignments like writing out the entire Chow Hall Procedures 10x. More than likely your DI won't care, but we did it anyways because we got used to writing like that.

It actually took me a bit after OCS to stop writing like that. In some cases, I still do. But all in all, this is the least of your worries. You'll have about one billion WAY more important things to worry about than writing style.

Sonog

pilot
What is the maximum width they allow you to place your hands for push-ups at OCS? In the videos I've seen, everyone has their hands close and narrow, right below shoulders. In the one video they say "hands should be under shoulders or slightly wider". My question is then, what is slightly wider? And do they have different standards in OCS for PFA pushups and regular PT pushups?

yakboyslim

None
Don't nuke it. Just a normal pushup. Chances are if they are yelling about that, they would have found something (as long as your pushups look good). If you want something to practice, I would say thumbs just touching your shoulders (if you go down to the deck) is about the widest you could go for a normal pushup.

As far as different standards for PFA and PT, if I'm interpreting the questions right that depends on the class. I had one DI that required perfect form all the time and another that would let you go to the deck on every pushup and struggle like an idiot with awful form (but he would beat the class until everyone looked like that, so it wasn't making things easier).

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Class Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hurst, United States Marine Corps, 05-11 Charlie Company

No kidding? I had Class Drill Instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hurst, United States Marine Corps as well. What a small world. Did he send you guys on deployment? We not only got sent on deployment but also made port calls (moved to different p-ways each night). It was a good time. He is a master at hurricaning rooms.

banana380

pilot
We were the class with the Mount Suribachi of leaves. At that point all we could do was laugh about it... Not while he was there of course ;)

mynameis

Just thought of a question. If recruits who go to Great Lakes have to go through the gas chamber then do officer candidates also have to go through it?

mjv305

ENS SNA
Ok.. I have a question that seems pretty common, but i hear so many diferent answers. What is the requirement for underwear? white tighty whities, white boxer briefs or white boxer shorts?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Ok.. I have a question that seems pretty common, but i hear so many diferent answers. What is the requirement for underwear? white tighty whities, white boxer briefs or white boxer shorts?

I would bring something with a little support. Briefs or boxer briefs.

egd33

pilot
Contributor
Thank God. The OCS website says specifies regular briefs only so I was thinking I was going to actually have to buy tighty whities. Is any underwear acceptable as long as it is white or is that a rule they just do not really enforce?