• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
The DI's just got word that they have to return your soul after they tear it from you a-la Chronicles of Riddick. OCS has gone soft!!!!

Gus Gorilla

DI: "Guess what candidate? I'm about to go to prison! You know why?"
Candidate: "No Sir"
DI: "Article 121 of the UCMJ, Larceny! Cuz I'm gonna STEAL YOUR SOUL!!"

^^
Recently observed at OCS.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
^ On that note, how do/did you guys keep from laughing at half the stuff that goes on there? Is there so much suck that you dont notice it at the time, or is it a challenge to keep your bearing and not laugh?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
^ On that note, how do/did you guys keep from laughing at half the stuff that goes on there? Is there so much suck that you dont notice it at the time, or is it a challenge to keep your bearing and not laugh?

In the beginning, you're too shit scared to even twitch, let alone laugh or be the one moving out of sequence with everyone else while eating by the numbers. As time goes on and you get more senior in class, the suck is still there, but you've learned to laugh at it. That's about the time when you start noticing the funny shit people do while eating....and trying to keep your bearing makes it even funnier.

So yes, towards the end, especially right before you become a candio, it is a HUGE challenge to keep your bearing.

jtmedli

pilot

Sometimes you just can't help it. My D.I. says some things are just F-ing funny and he knows it. Just do your best to choke back the giggles and don't be the one to get labeled "Mr. Chuckles" or something.

So yes, towards the end, especially right before you become a candio, it is a HUGE challenge to keep your bearing.

This is very true. Just finished up week 8 and I have stories...

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
How was your "last meal" as OCs? Ours was hilarious. The CandiO class had us pretty challenged I keep bearing.

To the dude asking about stuff being hard, I'm sure whatever the rules, you won't have very much fun. Show up ready to kick ass and just go with it. You have no control over anything but yourself.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
How was your "last meal" as OCs? Ours was hilarious. The CandiO class had us pretty challenged I keep bearing.

To the dude asking about stuff being hard, I'm sure whatever the rules, you won't have very much fun. Show up ready to kick ass and just go with it. You have no control over anything but yourself.

Yea they stopped doing the last meal when I was there.

blarged

ready
DI: "Guess what candidate? I'm about to go to prison! You know why?"
Candidate: "No Sir"
DI: "Article 121 of the UCMJ, Larceny! Cuz I'm gonna STEAL YOUR SOUL!!"

^^
Recently observed at OCS.

Probably that same drill instructor:

"Do you know what article 126 of the UCMJ is?"
"NO SIR!"
"Arson, Do you know what article 121 of the UCMJ is?"
"NO SIR!"
"Larceny. You know what that means?"
"NO SIR!"
"I'm going to steal and destroy your soul! Get on your face and start pushing"

A

AlexSmart

Whats up with the new ropes course? I did something like this in my college football days but there a couple stages that look pretty complicated

jtmedli

pilot
Whats up with the new ropes course? I did something like this in my college football days but there a couple stages that look pretty complicated

If you're checking in on 20FEB11 then you won't do the ropes course. My class had damn near perfect weather and we didn't get to do it. The wind/weather requirements are so strenuous that most classes will never get to do it and it'll be so cold in FEB/MAR for you to be outside for very long anyways.

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
Yea they stopped doing the last meal when I was there.

That was the single best night of OCS. I think my class was the last to do it. I vaguely remember hearing about someone seeing it and being quite irate that we were doing this, and had no idea it was a "tradition" amongst candios.

Gus Gorilla

The last class to Get a "last meal" was Giving one out when a Sr. Chief came out and stopped all the fun. Our class team and their class team both knew about it and even signed off on it. But this Sr. Chief was outside that loop. He came out yelling some junk about it being Hazing. (anything fun is now considered hazing, let's get used to this). That pretty much put an end to the last meal shenanigans.

A

AlexSmart

How much are you expected to know about the enlisted side of the Navy? (ratings, etc.) I bought a few naval books just out of personal interest and to put it plainly, there are a sh** ton of ratings with many of them seeming to overlap. For example, what's the difference between an Aviation Electrician's Mate and an Aviation Electronics Technician? ... just curious

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
How much are you expected to know about the enlisted side of the Navy? (ratings, etc.) I bought a few naval books just out of personal interest and to put it plainly, there are a sh** ton of ratings with many of them seeming to overlap. For example, what's the difference between an Aviation Electrician's Mate and an Aviation Electronics Technician? ... just curious

I never heard of anyone being asked anything like that. It's not in the OCR so stick to learning what people have mentioned, the big 3 and the rank structure/insignias.