• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Could anyone who has graduated from OCS lately please verify that this is the current Chain of Command. Most places list 15, but the OTCN website has different versions one with 13 and one with 15. Some are missing Leading Class Officer or Asst. Ops Officer. I just want to make sure I am studying the right gouge.

1. Section Leader
2. Class Chief Petty Officer and Class Drill Instructor
3. Class Officer
4. Leading Class Officer
5. Assistant Operations Officer of Officer Candidate School:
6. Operations Officer of Officer Candidate School:
7. Executive Officer, Officer Training Command Newport: CDR O’Neal
8. Commanding Officer, Officer Training Command Newport: CAPT McBrearty
9. Commander, Naval Service Training Command: RADM Sharpe
10. Commander, Naval Education and Training Command: RADM Kilkenny
11. Chief of Naval Operations: ADM Roughhead
12. Secretary of the Navy: Honorable Mr. Mabus
13. Secretary of Defense: Honorable Mr. Gates
14. Vice-President of the United States: Honorable Mr. Biden
15. President of the United States: Honorable Mr. Obama

There's no Lead Class O anymore. Updated CoC here: http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otc/memorization.asp#COC

Oh, and maybe take down the names of the OpsO and AOpsO from the internet. They aren't publicly posted (as opposed to the CO/XO who are on the site).

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Wow. Things HAVE changed. The only reason Candi-O phase sucked in my day was due to the hangovers.

The "way ahead" was also a way to make the regiment bigger to increase output. As in 4-5 classes in each Battalion, 50 people each. So the CandiOs are busier executing the plan of the day. I would concur with revan, CandiO phase was the worst. But what the hell, its only three weeks, and you're about to leave Newport for good, so it's manageable.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
Wow. Things HAVE changed. The only reason Candi-O phase sucked in my day was due to the hangovers.

Just a little bit. My candio experience consisted of receiving phone calls nightly, receiving an average of 35 phone calls and 110 texts requesting information daily. The guy before me in my billet screwed up and was put on his face long enough to pass out. I didn't make it off base, or anywhere near the Oclub. I did manage to scrounge together about 30 minutes every few days to PT on my own though. Other guys in the lower ranking billets managed to have your experience though. Lesson learned. At OCS, be average.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Just a little bit. My candio experience consisted of receiving phone calls nightly, receiving an average of 35 phone calls and 110 texts requesting information daily. The guy before me in my billet screwed up and was put on his face long enough to pass out. I didn't make it off base, or anywhere near the Oclub. I did manage to scrounge together about 30 minutes every few days to PT on my own though. Other guys in the lower ranking billets managed to have your experience though. Lesson learned. At OCS, be average.

Ya, then some a-hole makes you CDO Duty Van Driver... :icon_smil

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Unlimited text messaging and a proper "candio phone" are a must. Jynx sounds like you were an adjutant, If you were I feel your pain.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Other guys in the lower ranking billets managed to have your experience though.

You are correct, that was me.

Signed,
Former Candidate Ensign Boomhower, Class Liason for a Secured Class that Didn't Require Much of My Time and Drunk as Hell for the Entire Candi-O Experience

(That was the official title, no kidding)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
<------ Indoc Adjutant Class 18-09. A big FML. Being a "cheetah" didn't make my life any easier either..

beaverslayer

pilot
You can ignore the huge list of things you need to show up with that has been floating around on the forums. All you need is the stuff listed on the official OTCN website.

So just to make sure, the OTCN site says to bring:

_ Underwear, Briefs (white) – 5 pair
* Regular briefs only
_ Long Crew Socks (white) – 3 packs (Any type)
_ White Towel – 1 each
_ White Washcloth – 1 each
_ Basic Items Only
_ Shaving gear (no electric shavers)
_ Toothbrush/paste and floss
_ Deodorant
_ Soap/Shampoo
_ Nail Clippers

If I show up with literally just that (aside from running shoes, paperwork, and cash), I won't be missing anything crucial? Thanks for the gouge!

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
"Cheetahs" was my DI's name for the fast group of runners, not sure if Sooner and I had the same DI or not but I think he was the only one who used that term.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
Ahhh, roger that. We were "rabbits". I still remember you guys bitching when you had to run with us one day. "Holt shit that dude is nuts!"

@ BeaverSlayer, yeah that's the list. Add an alarm clock to that. The above items will actually all get issued to you on day one. If you prefer Hanes/FruitoftheLoom/Tommy Hilfiger to "Defense Supply Brand", BYO. But you'll still buy the crappy ones anyway, as part of your first day gear issue. Stuff like 2AA flashlights, wristwatches, etc, are allowed but you might have to wait until you get a POV run to retrieve it. Also, don't bring an iron. Nimitz hall has about 300 floating around. Clear as mud?

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
If you get any billet higher that Candidate Officer LTJG, you have done something wrong. I honestly did at most 2 hours of total work throughout candio phase. It was like summer camp with more sleep and booze. Also, I never felt bad for thoes who ended up with responsibility while at OCS. Call me a slacker, but whats the point. Everyone ends up an Ensign anyway. Take thoes last 3 weeks to put that weight you lost back on.

Beaverslayer, I'd think you would rather have more than enough than not. Keep in mind you might want to change out of sweaty socks/shirt/underwear occasionally. I'm bringing at least 10. If its too many, they can stay in my POV with all the other useful/useless sh*t that will be in there. When is your class date?