• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Srp7286

This week I was supposed to take my PRT so I can recieve my final select, but two days ago, I seriously screwed up my leg, playing football, to the point where I can't really run, I'm seeing a doctor this week.

If I can't run this week and do not take the PRT, does anyone know the situation if you get Pro-rec'ed and don't fulfill all the requirements?

I know I will have to reapply, but what I'm really asking is what is the situation if someone is Pro-rec, passed MEPS, then, in my case, might not be able to do the PRT after the 90day limit.

Will the board look down and possibly reject me if I have to re-apply again because I couldn't do the PRT?

blarged

ready
This week I was supposed to take my PRT so I can recieve my final select, but two days ago, I seriously screwed up my leg, playing football, to the point where I can't really run, I'm seeing a doctor this week.

If I can't run this week and do not take the PRT, does anyone know the situation if you get Pro-rec'ed and don't fulfill all the requirements?

I know I will have to reapply, but what I'm really asking is what is the situation if someone is Pro-rec, passed MEPS, then, in my case, might not be able to do the PRT after the 90day limit.

Will the board look down and possibly reject me if I have to re-apply again because I couldn't do the PRT?

Your OR is going to have the answer to this one regardless of what anyone will tell you here. I imagine you won't have to reapply, you'll just give it a few weeks before you PRT and see how your leg is doing.

Srp7286

Your OR is going to have the answer to this one regardless of what anyone will tell you here. I imagine you won't have to reapply, you'll just give it a few weeks before you PRT and see how your leg is doing.

yea the only problem is that the 90day requirement of getting the PRT and MEPS done is due by the 1st of Oct, and I am pretty sure if you fail to do any of those, you do not get final select, dropped from the program, and have to re apply

My leg is kinda screwed up , but I'm still doing my PRT either tomrrow or Wed.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
You only need your leg for 1 part of the PRT. Push yourself as best you can on the pushups and situps and you should be able to gimp through the run with a passing score. :)

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You only need your leg for 1 part of the PRT. Push yourself as best you can on the pushups and situps and you should be able to gimp through the run with a passing score. :)

I think the smilie means he is kidding. If your leg if AFU, don't make it worse by gimping through some PRT.

Srp7286

thanks Makk85.

I guess what I am worried about is with the reapplying process.

Will the board deny me because they already gave the green light then I couldnt pass the PRT?

by the way, I still am finishing up this semester. so time isn't necessarily an issue.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
I don't know about the 90 day rule but I know I worked out really hard one day. That night my recruiter called and said PRT tomorrow. I failed due to being comepletely sore and tore up. I just came back in two weeks, rocked it and swore in.

Srp7286

I don't know about the 90 day rule but I know I worked out really hard one day. That night my recruiter called and said PRT tomorrow. I failed due to being comepletely sore and tore up. I just came back in two weeks, rocked it and swore in.

Nice well i took it on a fri and im re-taking it on wed.

i only screw up on the run.I hit low good for sit ups and low excellent for pushups

my run time was pretty pathetic at 13:00.

Don't know if I can take my time down an entire minute in less then a week. the day after my PRT i did it in about 1220ish and have stayed there the last two times i ran it, then screwed my leg up the next day playing football.

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
I would do some rehab training (VERY light weight, perfect form, slow) and make sure you don't train within 48-72 hours of the test. Also, try wearing a leg brace. It helped me out when I had screwed up my knee.

Reminds me of my PRT. When I came back to take it again, I had broken my finger playing football. Not as bad as a leg but just goes to show football is a bad sport for us canidates.

Best of luck to you.

Srp7286

So I just got of the phone with my LT and I have my PRT tomorrow at 10AM.

Since I failed it last time and taking 5 days later, and have done a few practice times around the 12 minute mark, shin splints are a issue for me.

Would anyone recommend me to try to keep up a high pace then leave time to go slower? Or should I try to keep a consistent pace knowing I have to make a lap every 2 mintues?

The only issue is with the 2 minute pace, it gives no room for error.

Jynx

*Placeholder*
Contributor
...shin splints are a issue for me.
Would anyone recommend me to try to keep up a high pace then leave time to go slower? Or should I try to keep a consistent pace knowing I have o make a lap every 2 mintues?

I recommend doing what you've been doing that works for you. Some like a constant pace. Myself, I try to sprint the bends and recover on the straights. That works for me because I'm used to sprinting, and have a good recovery rate. At the same time, I have great difficulty motivating myself to a higher than average constant pace.
What I would REALLLLLY get behind is you icing your legs and taking anti-inflammatories to get those shin splints under control and not letting them become chronic. Trust me, nothing more maddening then having to stop because of those...
EDIT: Okay, there are, but shin splints drove me insane and so they come to mind most readily

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor

Since I failed it last time and taking 5 days later, and have done a few practice times around the 12 minute mark, shin splints are a issue for me.

Would anyone recommend me to try to keep up a high pace then leave time to go slower? Or should I try to keep a consistent pace knowing I have to make a lap every 2 mintues?

Wear a watch and do a 2 minute pace but try to get around a 1:55 pace on most laps. Speed up if you're over the 2 minute mark if you're running on a track. Sprint the last 200M or last 400M if you think you can.

MidWestEwo

None

Keep the high pace. That way you can get a good cadence with your breathing and your body can grow accustomed to the heart rate. I find that when I do speed workouts I always tire out much faster because of the constant change in heart rate. Just go balls to the wall for 1.5 miles and keep telling yourself that you only have a few more minutes of torture and you can stop. My brother used to run a lot, and he decided to come run with me one day. I have been training for months and he kept up with me. He said he was in pain the whole time, but he kept himself going. It is a mind over matter thing.

Shin splints are usually easy to run through if they aren't stress fractures yet. Just take a bunch of ibuprofen before you do the run. Also, go to a running store afterward and see if you overpronate. I had shin splint problems until I got motion control shoes. Now they are all gone.

Srp7286

Keep the high pace. That way you can get a good cadence with your breathing and your body can grow accustomed to the heart rate. I find that when I do speed workouts I always tire out much faster because of the constant change in heart rate. Just go balls to the wall for 1.5 miles and keep telling yourself that you only have a few more minutes of torture and you can stop. My brother used to run a lot, and he decided to come run with me one day. I have been training for months and he kept up with me. He said he was in pain the whole time, but he kept himself going. It is a mind over matter thing.

Shin splints are usually easy to run through if they aren't stress fractures yet. Just take a bunch of ibuprofen before you do the run. Also, go to a running store afterward and see if you overpronate. I had shin splint problems until I got motion control shoes. Now they are all gone.

yea im actually getting custom orthodic inserts but not until thrusday. im just gonna tough it out.