• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

RussBow6

hahah guess i just found out how poopy suits got their name... makes a lot of sense though you cant exactly take a break to go to the bathroom when you're on watch or during a mission.

thanks for the heads up guys

eyes2theskies

Hungry for Flight
f04863dfb70f80623db2dc8e62dd9f6a

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
indoc week head calls were often requested by someone in the class, and then one of the candios would act all pissed off or surprised, ask if anyone else needed to go at which if you are a smart class everyone would raise their hands, then you go piss.

no one should be pissing themselves, ever. trust me you'll single yourself out more by doing that than asking for an emergency head call.

we had a guy request an emergency head call during rifle beatings... err i mean drill practice. twice, on consecutive days. the second day the DI told him to go piss in the bushes and not get caught by base police. the DI ended up having to turn away as to not let us see him laughing, and we as a class were trying our best to not laugh in formation although there was quite a bit of snickering. instant classic OCS moment.

although, asking for a head call / emergency head call during PT is not very smart at all, so piss before you head out there. you'll figure out the schedule. one tip though, get the whole class on the same page real quick that when someone needs a head call EVERYONE needs a head call, because most likely most people will and its a time away from the DI or candios inside the head. you are much less likely to get beat as a class if everyone is on the same page and raises their hand on the "who else needs a head call" question ...

Reactions: m26

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
So I'm gonna throw out my own stupid questions...

1. I'm only 5'0. Am I gonna be expected to keep up with the freakishly tall guy (because my luck, I'll have a guy that's 6'6 or something in my class) during runs?

2. The "nature calls" question has been answered...by guys. What's the deal when a girl gets her monthly nature call?

3. And lastly...where does one find solid white sports bras in "really tiny ribcage but really big cup size" sizes?

And IRT #3, I realize this is a problem a lot of girls would love to have, but trust me, it sucks. And I don't ask the question to get attention. But for me, this is a pretty significant problem.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
no one should be pissing themselves, ever. trust me you'll single yourself out more by doing that than asking for an emergency head call.
QFE.

Seriously, if it's a choice between getting yelled at for an emergency head call or pissing yourself, make the damn head call. Your class will support you and all say they have to go anyway. I never witnessed anyone get beat for making a head call when I was there. I never saw anyone get "singled out" for it, and we even had a guy make a head call 10 minutes into drill practice, which was also 10 min after our last head call. The DI told him to go in the bushes and hurry up. The staff knows you're drinking over 2 gallons of water a day and will have to piss often.

Hell, even if the consequence of making a head call was a one-on-one RPT session (which I re-iterate is not the case), I'd take that any day over pissing myself. Come on now.

Oh, and don't be "that guy" who pisses in his canteen to avoid running to the head at 0430.

1. I'm only 5'0. Am I gonna be expected to keep up with the freakishly tall guy (because my luck, I'll have a guy that's 6'6 or something in my class) during runs?
I'm guessing your female by your other two questions. There are 3 run groups at OCS, broken down by speed. The fast group is comprised of those who run the in-pfa under 9:30-10 min, the slow group is those who run the in-pfa in over 11:30 or so, and the medium group is everyone inbetween. So no, you won't have to keep up with the cross country stud who barely breaks a sweat, but you will be expected to keep up with your run group.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
as stated above, you'll be put into one of three running groups.

and to expand on that, don't be last in your group. you REALLY don't want to be last, and generally don't want to be second last. do not be last, ever.

if you're in the turtle group, if you're the fastest and they see this on more than one occasion you'll be bumped up a group.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
2. The "nature calls" question has been answered...by guys. What's the deal when a girl gets her monthly nature call?
I read on AW that they give all females an oral contraceptive prescription at OCS. Search it...

3. And lastly...where does one find solid white sports bras in "really tiny ribcage but really big cup size" sizes?
To properly direct to you to where you should get your sports bras, we are going to need some photographs to analyze for dimensions, physiology, etc. Feel free to post those in this thread or in a new one.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Oral contraceptives don't prevent that from happening, they just prevent you from getting pregnant.

And..sorry buddy, the closest thing you're getting to a visual is the one in your head. :)

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
I read on AW that they give all females an oral contraceptive prescription at OCS. Search it...

Oral contraceptives don't prevent that from happening, they just prevent you from getting pregnant.

Nice try on the "search it..." response. Fail.

Don't go peepee on yourself at OCS. It is a bigger deal than just having an accident, and can come back on the class team staff. There are plenty of head calls, and if you ask and the answer is no, and you do have an accident, someone will get their peepee slapped for telling you no (remember that when you are a candio).

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Nice try on the "search it..." response. Fail.
Fail? Not really. They make it shorter and lighter, and since they had been discussed, I was guessing that the whole issue had also been discussed.

Maybe, maybe not, I didn't go searching for period threads but it's never harmful to search for it if you're inclined to "suffer" from that "condition" :)

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
I just assumed since you gave the advice to "search it" that you too had also "searched it". If someone wants to ask a question concerning OCS, even if it has been asked, they have the right to an answer from someone who has been and other than just "search it".

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Oh and FYI...Type in "period" in the search box and see how many random, irrelevant returns you get.

The problem with the search function is that if your search is too vague, you get a bunch of bs. If you get too specific, you get nothing.

m26

Contributor
Ooh, I thought of a few stupid OCS questions on the drive home.

I have really light skin, and sunburn easily (even in RI). 9-10 months of the year, I need sunscreen if I'm going to be outside more than 30 min.

-Will I have time in the morning to put on sunscreen? (Will the DIs yank me straight out of bed out into the sun ever?)
-Will I be allowed to bring sunscreen into OCS?
-Will I have time to reapply throughout the day?

I figure countless Irish like myself have gone through OCS, but I wonder how that works.