• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

k_smittay

do they let people use the ellipticals at ocs, i have been using it since i hurt my knee a while back and now it has become enjoyable. I was just wondering if you can use it if you wanted, or even if you can get it recommended by a doc via sf600
thanks

To answer your question.. yes you can use elliptical machines at OCS. There are some on the third deck that OCS guys/gals frequent. You cannot use them for your PRT though. Only for your own personal extra credit.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
To answer your question.. yes you can use elliptical machines at OCS. There are some on the third deck that OCS guys/gals frequent. You cannot use them for your PRT though. Only for your own personal extra credit.
That's H-class. They hurt themselves and are stuck there rehab-ing till they class up.
All PT is done either outside or in the gym next door when it's too cold.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That's H-class. They hurt themselves and are stuck there rehab-ing till they class up.
All PT is done either outside or in the gym next door when it's too cold.

That is EXACTLY my point and why I didn't even mention it lest he interpret this incorrectly and we pass bad gouge along. Unless you plan on showing up to OCS and ROLLING, you will NOT BE USING AN ELLIPTICAL machine.

My main point was that you don't just don your Navy-issue sweatband and spandex and hit the elliptical while the rest of the regiment goes to PT. If you are on the elliptical machine at OCS, you are probably either a candio or are looking at more than 12 weeks, PERIOD.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Bogey is right on, no freakin elliptical machines unless your in H-Class and have access to the gyms in Nimitz Hall. Otherwise you run like everyone else. Graduation May 23rd!!!!

utak

Why not make copies of your recommendations, and stamp it with "Certified to be a true copy?"

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bogey is right on, no freakin elliptical machines unless your in H-Class and have access to the gyms in Nimitz Hall....you run like everyone else!!

There is only one rule...Everybody fights, uh, I mean runs!!!

Starship%20Troopers.bmp

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
Is that legit? It needs to be stamped with something?

Check with your recruiter. What he's talking about is a standard Navy way of certifying multiple copies of a document. Any Admin/Pers type can do it, but you need to verify that is acceptable with your recruiter.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Jackass said:
Does the navy recalculate your gpa according to their standards like the AF does? Or do they just go off the transcripts? This is in regards to an application, of course.

Exactly how do they recalculate your GPA in the Air Force? I've never heard of such things.

But in response to your question not to my knowledge.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jackass said:
The airforce relates D=1 C=2 B=3 A=4
There are no +/-. In that regard it can help, or hurt. It usually hurts more than it helps.

Jackass said:
Any insight on this question?

Huh? What question? I thought you posted an answer.

nonsequitur

sTUPID qUESTION and I really don't care about the answer, except to satisfy my curiousity but...

Do we have to pay for our poopy suits? And if not does that mean the suit are reused between classes?

Thanks in advance

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
sTUPID qUESTION and I really don't care about the answer, except to satisfy my curiousity but...

Do we have to pay for our poopy suits? And if not does that mean the suit are reused between classes?

Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure they're re-used time and again. I'm also pretty sure they aren't washed all of indoc week...just adds to the stinkiness of OCS :D. Are the old nasty book bags still used too?

This is also why the "chrome-domes" are not so chrome anymore.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm pretty sure they're re-used time and again. I'm also pretty sure they aren't washed all of indoc week...just adds to the stinkiness of OCS :D. Are the old nasty book bags still used too?

This is also why the "chrome-domes" are not so chrome anymore.

Yes they are reused until they are basically rags (seriously, mine was held together with safety pins).

You WILL smell like piss/shit/sweat/stale chow after about 5 minutes in the suit.

And yes the "knowledge bags" are still used from god knows how many decades ago. You will spend all the time you are in academics reapplying taped nametags to them and they will fall off repeatedly. And if your class is extra special, you will get to fill your bags with sand. :D

BackOrdered

Contributor
I have a stupid question:

Directly from NKO's OCS PFT course

Performing the Curl-up:

6. Participants may rest in either up or down position.

Is this legit because all I've heard was you can only rest in the up position (if you want to call that resting)

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Yes they are reused until they are basically rags (seriously, mine was held together with safety pins).

You WILL smell like piss/shit/sweat/stale chow after about 5 minutes in the suit.

And yes the "knowledge bags" are still used from god knows how many decades ago. You will spend all the time you are in academics reapplying taped nametags to them and they will fall off repeatedly. And if your class is extra special, you will get to fill your bags with sand. :D
The bags are new now and you can keep them, but DIs now have the option or had the option I guess of choosing snow or sand.
As far as curls ups go Tiz, just don't rest, trust me on this one.