• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

exNavyOffRec

I saw in another thread that MEPS resets after 2 years. If I was to be DQed from MEPS would I be able to go through MEPS again in 2 years or would I be DQed for life? I have seen in the past you are DQed for life but I am unsure.
The physical expires after 2 years, the info stays in the computer forever, that is how the prevent MEPS jumping.

maxk

Hello, hopefully a quick question. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back about my application for the immediate selection? I know this is fairly new, but I am hoping someone has already gone through this process and could offer some guidance on the expected timeline. Thank you.

jgeraghty

Hello, hopefully a quick question. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back about my application for the immediate selection? I know this is fairly new, but I am hoping someone has already gone through this process and could offer some guidance on the expected timeline. Thank you.
There has been some discussion in the thread for the April SNA/SNFO OCS Board, but the bottom line seems to be that no one knows yet. Hopefully you can tell us about your experience soon, although it will probably vary for everyone.

maxk

There has been some discussion in the thread for the April SNA/SNFO OCS Board, but the bottom line seems to be that no one knows yet. Hopefully you can tell us about your experience soon, although it will probably vary for everyone.
Thank you, I have read through that and apparently, they are releasing the results every Friday. Just in case anyone else is interested. I submitted last Wednesday, so if I don't hear anything for a few weeks I will give my recruiter a call. Thank you.

RJF26

Does anybody know if they allow hot weather steel toe boots (cloth side) at OCS or do they have to have leather all over?

Just got a message from my recruiter that I was selected. My application was submitted on 1/31/24, and I was selected on 2/6/24. So just about a week, in case anyone wants to know what to expect on timelines.
Congrats!! What’s your ship out date? Also out of curiosity did you have any waivers or anything?

Stub918

Hi folks. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but it feels like a sufficiently stupid questions.

I'm considering applying for SNA, but I had a question about degrees. In almost all the documentation I've looked at, big navy says that education requirements are a BA or BS. I'm graduating with option C, a Bachelor's of Music Education. Does that still work/count? I've looked through the forums, but I couldn't find an answer to this particular question. I've seen a few people who've gotten into the pipeline with the same degree as me, but none of them were terribly recent. Is this some kind of change of requirements recently or when the say BA/BS, do they mostly just mean a 4-year degree?

Any guidance is appreciated.

exNavyOffRec

Hi folks. Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but it feels like a sufficiently stupid questions.

I'm considering applying for SNA, but I had a question about degrees. In almost all the documentation I've looked at, big navy says that education requirements are a BA or BS. I'm graduating with option C, a Bachelor's of Music Education. Does that still work/count? I've looked through the forums, but I couldn't find an answer to this particular question. I've seen a few people who've gotten into the pipeline with the same degree as me, but none of them were terribly recent. Is this some kind of change of requirements recently or when the say BA/BS, do they mostly just mean a 4-year degree?

Any guidance is appreciated.
You're fine, contact an OR and start the process of taking the ASTB and getting your medical done.

maxk

Congrats!! What’s your ship out date? Also out of curiosity did you have any waivers or anything?
Thank you! Currently set for the 25th of February. And no, I did not have any waivers, I don't think you can apply for immediate select with any waivers besides medical ones.

How long does sf-86 take to clear, when do they start calling people? I have some people in my life I still haven’t told that I’m applying OCS (both people I put down as well as people i didn’t put down but I’m assuming they will call anyways like my boyfriend) and I want to tell my loved ones before they get the call. I didn’t tell anyone I was applying to OCS because I didn’t wanna jinx it (I know it’s a silly superstition) but now I’m realizing they all need to know.

Mouselovr

Contributor
How long does sf-86 take to clear, when do they start calling people?
It depends and it depends.
I wish I could give better answers, but the government will work at their pace.
Just give your people a heads up now bc they will call on their own schedule next week or in 6 months.

causekim

I am applying for intel, and i am getting interviews done now

Does the intel officer that i am having an interview with have to be O-5 or above?
I heard it has to be an intel who is O-5 or above, i am not sure if that is true.
Currently i got interviews done with O-3 (intel), and O-6 (SWO). I understand that the higher the rank, the better, but can I go with O-3 Intel?

Last edited: