• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One thing I've always wondered: is it hard to scratch yourself in a hornet?
What part of yourself do you intend to scratch? With the exception of your feet, you can reach pretty much anywhere - though I suppose you could take off your boot and go to town in extremis.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
I've been hearing a lot of stuff about MAGIC CARPET. Pardon the noobishness of the question, but is it as big of a deal as all the articles make it out to be? More importantly, is it likely to be implemented soon?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've been hearing a lot of stuff about MAGIC CARPET. Pardon the noobishness of the question, but is it as big of a deal as all the articles make it out to be? More importantly, is it likely to be implemented soon?
Our air wing is getting Magic Carpet later this year for TSTA. It has the potential to be a really big deal, possibly bringing significant reductions to the amount of hours spent on FCLPs and CQ. How that is actually implemented remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Our air wing is getting Magic Carpet later this year for TSTA. It has the potential to be a really big deal, possibly bringing significant reductions to the amount of hours spent on FCLPs and CQ. How that is actually implemented remains to be seen.

I'm curious too, given the Navy's institutional attitude of "technology's great but it'll probably break when you really need it or the bullets start flying, so train like you won't have it."

danpass

Which came first the F-35 flight control laws or MAGIC CARPET?

Just curious. I imagine one concept built off the other in some way.