• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which Navy/USMC aircraft have toilets onboard? I assume the P-3/P-8 etc family does, any others?

C-40, C-20, C-37 and E-6B all have 'em, not sure about the UC -35. Other than that you are SOL, literally.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
C-40, C-20, C-37 and E-6B all have 'em, not sure about the UC -35. Other than that you are SOL, literally.
That's fewer than I expected. Still, I can't imagine it would be that hard to hold it in for a few hours. Hopefully.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
P-3 has a honey pot and the R2D2 urinal, but the first rule of the honey pot is that you don't use the honey pot. P-8 has a legit shitter.

I presume there's a piece of blue fluid GSE that services that system?

That was a legit discussion at -57 when I was over there. Finding (begging, borrowing, stealing) a shitter truck to service the P-8 on its inaugural trip. Where do we find such men?

robav8r

None
Contributor
The 60 has the cargo hook hole to deep six a plastic bag. Just sayin...
Had some undercooked chicken during a steel beach while on Counter Narcotic Ops in the Caribbean. Got launched unexpectantly and the nature of our mission requird us to climb to 10K to act as a comm relay (SH-60B). We had box lunches given to us, it was going to be a 3.5-4.0 mission. Anywho, once up at altitude, the chicken tore through me like a banshee and I ended up with the most extreme case of explosive diarrhea I have ever had. Thankfully, I was able to shit in the box lunch box, and use the two slices of white bread to wipe my ass. Jettisoned the box out the cargo hole, just as we were overflying a Group III. The HAC & 2P said the smell was so horrific, they were gagging in the cockpit. Fun times

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Had some undercooked chicken during a steel beach while on Counter Narcotic Ops in the Caribbean. Got launched unexpectantly and the nature of our mission requird us to climb to 10K to act as a comm relay (SH-60B). We had box lunches given to us, it was going to be a 3.5-4.0 mission. Anywho, once up at altitude, the chicken tore through me like a banshee and I ended up with the most extreme case of explosive diarrhea I have ever had. Thankfully, I was able to shit in the box lunch box, and use the two slices of white bread to wipe my ass. Jettisoned the box out the cargo hole, just as we were overflying a Group III. The HAC & 2P said the smell was so horrific, they were gagging in the cockpit. Fun times
Sounds like a shit sandwich

Caesium

When on an aircraft carrier, do you usually know where the ship is? I mean beyond "we're somewhere in the Indian Ocean."

If you were given an atlas would you have been able to point to a spot and say "we're right here"?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When on an aircraft carrier, do you usually know where the ship is? I mean beyond "we're somewhere in the Indian Ocean."

If you were given an atlas would you have been able to point to a spot and say "we're right here"?
Yes. How do you think we find our way back to midrat sliders after a late flight? And yes, it is available to anyone else who cares to know.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor

Yes. You know where you are. Kinda important to going places is knowing where you start.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Since all the airplanes have GPS and the airplanes are on the CV you therefore know where the boat is. There are also other ways to figure out where the boat is and where it's going. Such as: on USS Last Ship the screen of the ship's nav system was repeated throughout the spaces via the ship's TV system.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot

Some people on the ship know, pilots included, but not everyone. I once had a young sailor stop me in a p-way to ask, "Sir, where are we?" while out on COMPTUEX or something. I figured she was new to the carrier so I think I started to explain frame numbers before she interrupted with, "No, I mean where in the world are we?" I told her about 100 miles off North Carolina.

Caesium

I guess this is more of a personal question, but would you still have joined the military if you'd known you couldn't be in aviation?