• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation (Part 3)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
What is a bull Ensign?
The senior most ensign in the command, charged with, among other things, running the AOMs, providing humor upon demand, general shenanigans, and keeping the fridge stocked with soda. It is usually a JG in aviation squadrons, and it is passed down in a formal ceremony.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The senior most ensign in the command, charged with, among other things, running the AOMs, providing humor upon demand, general shenanigans, and keeping the fridge stocked with soda. It is usually a JG in aviation squadrons, and it is passed down in a formal ceremony.
Equivalent in power & prestige...images.jpg to a junior 'hinge'!LCDR.png :p
BzB

MasterBates

I was a Bull Ensign at HSL-42.

CO held off my promotion to JG because it was fun to have a legit Ensign pilot, and I could pull pranks off and have the skipper just go "he is an ensign, what you want from him?"

I still have the HSL-42 Bull Bars. Probably won't get to hand them down before 42 decoms.

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If there's only one Ensign assigned, I'm not sure there's any point to it.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure about other communities, but about once a year we do a running of the bulls, where we gather all the guys who checked in since the last running, shenanigans ensue, and then the next bull is voted on.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I was the Bull. Shenanigans, planning drinky drink tomfoolery, and keeping JOPA in line and unified to the rest of the hinge/front office types were my duties.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just finished watching It's a Wonderful Life and at the end Harry Bailey comes back in SDBs with a blue combo cover. When did the Navy get rid of those? My google-fu yielded me nothing.