• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Pat1USMC
Why are you excited about the gas chamber. It sucks. am i alone here or was the gas chamber like the most unfun thing ever?

I didn't think it was that bad in boot camp, when we had to do push-ups and side-stradle-hops with our mask off. Chambers in the fleet aren't that bad, and the one this morning was outstanding. Yeah, it burns a little, but hey, watching others guys and gals totally spaz, just made my year. I must be immune to it or something. We have some great pics. I was with the first squad to go in for the entire company, and I made sure I was by the exit when all the other squads come out. I laughed my @ss off...Great stuff.

Originally posted by Pat1USMC
I don't think you have to walk out w/o the mask. But it will still suck.

Yes we did. Thats what got everyone.

What happened with Bravo, PAT?

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
That's a new one on me regarding 2ndLt's picking your "Primary" training at TBS. You have'nt even joined MATSG yet. I'm going to call BS until I get further confirmation. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
They tell all aviators (at TBS, a month or so before graduation) to put together a wish list of where they want to go for Primary. Those that want to go to Corpus --pretty much get it. I would guess it's almost the same way for Vance, although they prefer people with well over 100 hours of flight time (at least that was the word they gave us when it was our turn). I guess it's because nearly everyone wants Whiting and it makes it easier on them(Student Control) if people volunteer for Corpus. When we got down here to MATSG, Student Control told everyone that if they were assigned to go to Primary somewhere they didn't want to go, they could find someone that wanted to switch with them and Student Control would arrange it. They're pretty accomodating.

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Wow, different world. Accomodating and Marine Corps don't normally go together in the same sentence. I'm suprised that everyone prefers Whiting. I guess the preference is cyclical. When I was going through only the top 2 in the class got to go to Corpus. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Apparently, this just happened with Delta Company that just graduated. MATSG came down here and had everyone pick their "Primary" distination. (again, this is all "hear-say") I can't wait to start training, no matter where it is. There is only 50 or so SNA's in my company, and a lot of them want to go to IOC, myself excluded. Any idea on how many SNA's they usually let attend IOC?

Dirty Harry

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
3 to 6 typically go to ioc. and matsg doesn't physically go to tbs to ask for primary choices.. all that bs is done by fax and email.. the only time people from matsg drag themselves up to quantico is for every companies aviation brief and then their aviation night.. "jaws" made it up for both for alpha 02. helluva good man.

and e5b.. you may have only fifty or so sna's in your company, but from other posts on here i seen that fox has like a hundred and fifty.. you guys are going to be setting records on wait time in the pools (or numbers of marines in classes.. however they wanna handle it).

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I think the preference for Whiting is due to not having to move again so soon. What a pain. I think that married LT's get Whiting before anyone else. You're right, the Corps' changing.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by splendid_splinter

and e5b.. you may have only fifty or so sna's in your company, but from other posts on here i seen that fox has like a hundred and fifty..
Fox has around a 100 SNA's which is about %60 of the Company. Yeah, I figured there'd be a wait....gives me more time to study for API. (always gotta look on the bright side, right?) I'm sure I'll be stuggling to find a bright side here in a few months, at least thats what I've been hearing.

Dirty Harry

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
actually, i had a lot of fun at tbs. it gets old every once in awhile. but what doesn't. compared to api (on occasions) and primary, tbs was a pretty stress free time.. got to go to the field and play like a little kid again.

and, just my advice, but don't worry about studying for api ahead of time. it's not the skull drag they make it out to be.

Ghish

Is pensacola the only place one can go for API. Or does each primary school have its own version?

-Ghish

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yes you do. The only bad thing for us is that we have to go to the range in the middle of Jan. Was that ya'll or Echo that went to the feild in 8 inches of snow? What Plt are you in? I have a few buddies in Fox Squadron.

Lt Bailey

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll still never get over "married Lt's." We had 96 aviators from my company and only 1 was married and he was prior enlisted. Suprising the change but it's probably for the better. We were quite the "hell raisers" but this was pre Tailhook '91. It was a lot of fun!

Dave- Doing great. I have been gone for a bit hopefully, it's just temporary. I've been spending most of my time playing full time Marine vice Airline pilot. Planning for deployment is tedious. No idea if we are going anywhere just planning ahead. Problem is that I'm spending all my time playing Marine but not getting paid for it. Boy is that a bit of irony.

Attack Pilot
Major USMCR

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
ghish.. you are two and a half months into tbs and you are asking questions on here about where you go to api..? you need to develop some s.a. soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.