• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Studying for the ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
I studied both, but the Gouge on this site was almost exactly like the test. The books are good for the spacial perception part.

Ben

sigreese

I am taking the test at the end of the month, and I was wondering if there was anything else anyone recommended for studying. I was also curious to the scores needed for qualification, and how much effect GPA has?

justinfl10

Originally posted by sigreese
I am taking the test at the end of the month, and I was wondering if there was anything else anyone recommended for studying. I was also curious to the scores needed for qualification, and how much effect GPA has?

Hey, I'll be taking the ASTB this thrusday (Dec. 18) and have studied both the ARCO and the site study guides and I feel that both will be helpful. The ARCO guide will give you a broader base to work with than just looking at the study guides alone but its not essential to make a good score (although its very helpful in giving you an idea what to expect for Spatial Apperception.) As for GPA, obviously there will be a lot of competition with a higher GPA than you. You need to provide some kind of compensation to show your other strengths. However, the selection board takes into consideration the positive trends in GPA (for example if you spent two years partying making **** grades then became responsible and made good grades) but you will have to acknowledge your reasoning for the turnaround and prove your capacity as a strong candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.