• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Study Guides for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Just wondering if anyone who has taken the test and bought the Arco/Princeton Review etc study guides would be interested in selling them? Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
yeah..but you could probably buy a brand new one for only a few dollars more than that. check out Amazon and a few other places. This of course, is nothing against the quality of goods that aoconnor is presenting ;)

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Or you can get a FREE pdf copy of it (sorry you can print it) at http://www.petersons.com/airforce/books.html
ea6bflyr
icon_smile.gif

1devildoc

My husband recently took the exam, and did very well, and he has no aviation background, he is a Navy hospital corpsman. His OSC said the study guide wasn't all that great. My husband did look at it for a few minutes at a bookstore, and took one of the practice tests, but he didn't feel it was worth buying. His OSO gave him a study packet that did help though. The first time my husband took it, he didn't do so well, but it gave him an idea of the areas he needed to work on. The next time he scored great. Good luck to you all!

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
true..the book is really only good for some spacial apperception practice...and even that's a bit iffy...

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

aoconnor

Tell ya what, I will put the spacial apperception portion in a pdf so you can download it. Save you some bucks.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Thanks for the help everyone! I am still a little confused on the whole testing procedure actually, since I am not going for a pilot or NFO slot does that mean I still need to complete all the same parts? How well have these study guides helped others? I don't mind buying them new or used but I do mind wasting my time on studying a book that will not help me. I have bought a book by ARCO titled "Mechanical Aptitude & Spatial Relations Tests" and while this book not specifically mentions that it targets ASTB I thought it would be a good help, any thoughts from people who might have used the same book?

Aoconnor: Thank you for doing that for us (making the PDF) what ARCO book do you have and do you think it helped you? May I ask what your score was, good I presume considering you were selected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.