• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Study ahead for primary?

KBayDog

Do you ever wish you could go back to high school knowing what you know now??? :icon_smil

No, because it would make high school incredibly boring.

Oh, and my BS meter is pretty much pegged...I'd probably punch some hippie kid in the throat and get expelled.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Just took last test in API on Friday... I don't have any real material (obviously) for primary, except for the EP's that I could pull of marinegouge.com and some systems info. Should I just read through those, or what could i do to start studying for primary?

No, i am not burned out from API, and i don't feel like i need a break...

Thanks in advance for any help...

My advice is that if you are up to it, show up to primary with your EP's down cold. That would have been money had I done that.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Do I have to repeat a previous post? Things you should do between API and primary instead of studying:

Beer, beach, local women, sleep, party, concerts, local women, liquor, sleep, more beer and of course, local women.

You'll have more than enough time to study during primary... and be able to keep doing the above.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Seriously, stop. Study when you have to. Drink yourself retarded and go womanizing at ALL OTHER TIMES!

incubus852

pilot
Seriously, stop. Study when you have to. Drink yourself retarded and go womanizing at ALL OTHER TIMES!

No, no, no. You should really just start memorizing the PCL, EPs and NATOPs to the T-34, T-6, T-45, TC-12, T-44, TH-57 (B and C models both obviously) and whatever they fly in advanced for E-6s. That way you'll be prepped for everything!

I mean I agree with Otto completely.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If you get tired of hearing everyone debate systems/EPs/limits, you can always hit up course rules, especially if you're slated for Whiting. If you have 1 hour prior flight time, you'll be able to understand the content. I've seen Google Earth checkpoints on here in the past; find those (and install GE), and you'll have the other leg up. Unfortunately, you'll also raise the standards, and screw all future SNAs.

sundevil_av8r

pilot
You definitely just got a below on headwork.

Didn't anyone tell you about volume differentials? You put your VHF and UHF radios at different volumes so you can automatically tell who you're listening to based on volume. This will also help you from making the dreaded switchology mistake of making a victor call on uniform and vice versa.

Few things make you feel more retarded than making a stellar call only to hear "FREQ!" or worse, another IP responding back as "ATC". :D

yes, i am aware. on my first flight as wing, i had other things on my mind besides deciphering a minor volume differential.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Do you mean the one that kinda says "Don't use anything electrical or you will blow up in mid-air"???

Yes. It was a retarded warning/procedure and one that ultimately failed in its usefulness (despite the IP doing EVERYTHING by the book). Fuel fumes in the cockpit, different story, but when I taught IUTs about streaming fuel, I'd talk about what the pub says and then what I'd actually do. Thankfully it's been corrected.