• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Student Loans are History...for USMC

MasterBates

If I read that right, my consolidated Stafford loans go away in 2017, 10 years before they are due to be paid off.

I keep on paying on the private loans.

That sound right?

KSUFLY

pilot
If I read that right, my consolidated Stafford loans go away in 2017, 10 years before they are due to be paid off.

I keep on paying on the private loans.

That sound right?

That's the way I read into it. Sounds like a good deal to me. Just have to remember in 10 years.

eurotrash

USMC SNA
Does this only apply to those commissioning in 2008 or commissioning 2008 on?

As of right now, it is just Officers receiving their commission during 2008, before September 1. Hopefully it will continue, however there are rumors they are even trying to can it now before it pays out. Personally, I'm just glad I got my air contract, if they pay my loans too....bonus.

Indeejordan

I also heard there is going to be a $4,000 bonus given to those commissioned in 2008 on top of the 100% tuition reimbursement. This is seperate from your base pay while you are at OCS. Has anyone else heard this?

eurotrash

USMC SNA
http://www.marineofficerprograms.com/pages//posts/new-incentive-for-fy-2008-commissioning17.php

This is the best source I could find as well as just hearing random people talking about it. I haven't seen an official announcement though.

MARADMIN 078/08

http://www.usmc.mil/maradmins/marad...698348b6eda1214e852573e2003b5ea3?OpenDocument

When a new Marine Program is official, there will always be a MARADMIN you can locate on www.usmc.mil to verify its details.

ptadlt

I think it's great that the Marine Corps can finally match the kind of programs that have been available to other services for years. Of course, this is a temporary incentive because we need people at the moment, but this kind of thing comes right from congressional funding and if enough congressman were made to care about it, they might consider making it permanent (or making it retroactive- if only...).

joemcspeed

I apologize about rehashing a topic many are resentful of but..... nothing

I have my package completed and should be "contracting" next week. Do I need to have the 4k bonus and CLRP paperwork also done before that time. I have talked about it with my OSO but havent seen any paperwork. Perhaps it is something done after being selected?

Thanks

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Don't worry guys, for those of you who commissioned in 2007 and missed out on this, you will be getting a FREE JOGGING SUIT! Sick.
:)

$4000 for uniforms would be nice, compared to the $400 we got. I just wish we could write them off on our taxes.

eurotrash

USMC SNA
I apologize about rehashing a topic many are resentful of but..... nothing

I have my package completed and should be "contracting" next week. Do I need to have the 4k bonus and CLRP paperwork also done before that time. I have talked about it with my OSO but havent seen any paperwork. Perhaps it is something done after being selected?

Thanks

Again, refer to the MARADMIN, but to receive the CLRP you need to commission NLT 080901, and to receive the OAI aka the 4k at TBS, you need to go to OCC 198, and of course take your commission afterward...then not rock out of TBS.