• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Strange position where I could really use advice

Pandabearchan

SUPPLY-PROREC Y
Greetings Everyone,

Some quick info on myself:

TIS: 7 years 7months

I will be transferring from my command in February. I can not submit any OCS applications until I have my degree. Unfortunately it has taken me this long but I will be graduating in March with a 3.3 GPA (Not super competitive but acceptable). I was recently mapped to E-6 which has helped me get some LOR's from my current command and a rear admiral.

Unfortunately, it isn't feasible to delay orders or anything for my OCS application. I will be attending two 5 month C-School's in route to my next command that is a pre-com. Is it even possible to apply while at C-School? According to the instruction, I'm not allowed to apply if I have less than 3 months at a command, but does being at the C-School's for this long allow me to apply?

So far I have my OCS physical done, 5 LOR's (1 O-7, 1-O-6, 3 O-5's), Taking OAR in January (Aiming for 55). No board has been set for myself.

Thanks greatly in advance.
- - - -

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Greetings Everyone,

Some quick info on myself:

TIS: 7 years 7months

I will be transferring from my command in February. I can not submit any OCS applications until I have my degree. Unfortunately it has taken me this long but I will be graduating in March with a 3.3 GPA (Not super competitive but acceptable). I was recently mapped to E-6 which has helped me get some LOR's from my current command and a rear admiral.

Unfortunately, it isn't feasible to delay orders or anything for my OCS application. I will be attending two 5 month C-School's in route to my next command that is a pre-com. Is it even possible to apply while at C-School? According to the instruction, I'm not allowed to apply if I have less than 3 months at a command, but does being at the C-School's for this long allow me to apply?

So far I have my OCS physical done, 5 LOR's (1 O-7, 1-O-6, 3 O-5's), Taking OAR in January (Aiming for 55). No board has been set for myself.

Thanks greatly in advance.
- - - -

Is there a career counselor at the schoolhouse? It might be something to ask him.

Pandabearchan

SUPPLY-PROREC Y
Is there a career counselor at the schoolhouse? It might be something to ask him.

Good suggestion but I'm close friends with the CCC team and unfortunately they don't know the answer to that. I have yet to ask my detailer about it though. When I initially brought up my concern he said it should not be a problem but I imagine that to be a half-shot answer.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Good suggestion but I'm close friends with the CCC team and unfortunately they don't know the answer to that. I have yet to ask my detailer about it though. When I initially brought up my concern he said it should not be a problem but I imagine that to be a half-shot answer.

I seem to recall that there is a Fleet recruiter who handles all of the AcDu OCS applications in Millington. That may be old gouge, but if you could pull up their name and number, they might be able to help you. I don't see why you couldn't apply from C School if you already have all of the paperwork taken care of. You're technically part of the schoolhouse's command while you're there. You might need a second letter from the schoolhouse CO just to cross all of the I's and dot all of the T's.

Pandabearchan

SUPPLY-PROREC Y
I seem to recall that there is a Fleet recruiter who handles all of the AcDu OCS applications in Millington. That may be old gouge, but if you could pull up their name and number, they might be able to help you. I don't see why you couldn't apply from C School if you already have all of the paperwork taken care of. You're technically part of the schoolhouse's command while you're there. You might need a second letter from the schoolhouse CO just to cross all of the I's and dot all of the T's.

Ah, I see. I'll try to get in contact with them. Thank you kindly for your response!

exNavyOffRec

Ah, I see. I'll try to get in contact with them. Thank you kindly for your response!

His name is Paul Celestin, he is the OCS fleet processor, he should know the official answer but from my recollection when I went to CCC school (I think the manual is still the same LOL) is that you can only apply when you have arrived at your permanent duty station, this sticks with me because the exception to this is for those in the nuke pipeline that are at NFAS and NNPS.

I am guessing since you only mention taking the OAR you must be going for other than aviation and if you are transferring in Feb (not sure early or late) but getting an application in that is due in March might be difficult, if it holds like past years estimate the next due dates for non aviation boards would be May to June with boards July to August and results 4-8 weeks after that. I don't know how that fits with your 1st and 2nd C-school.

Pandabearchan

SUPPLY-PROREC Y
His name is Paul Celestin, he is the OCS fleet processor, he should know the official answer but from my recollection when I went to CCC school (I think the manual is still the same LOL) is that you can only apply when you have arrived at your permanent duty station, this sticks with me because the exception to this is for those in the nuke pipeline that are at NFAS and NNPS.

I am guessing since you only mention taking the OAR you must be going for other than aviation and if you are transferring in Feb (not sure early or late) but getting an application in that is due in March might be difficult, if it holds like past years estimate the next due dates for non aviation boards would be May to June with boards July to August and results 4-8 weeks after that. I don't know how that fits with your 1st and 2nd C-school.

Thank you kindly for your reply, I will be sure to reach out to him!