• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Storage while at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
I'm coming from Seattle for 16Jun OCS... Since I'm driving, I'd like to bring my stuff with me (laptop, stereo, etc) , but do not want to leave it in my car to bake in the Pensacola summer. Does anyone know if the Navy will pay for storage?

Thanks,

John

Kraftwerk

quote:
Does anyone know if the Navy will pay for storage?

Not likely, but if you are persistent they may reimburse you.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
i have asked my recuiter the same question and the answer to your question is no. however they will pay to move your stuff down to p-cola once you are commished. So what i am planing to do since i will be comeing from boston is store my stuff up hear and then have the navy move it down. that way i only have to pay for the storage.

Eagle1

Actually, Falcaner, the Navy may not be moving your stuff to P-Cola after OCS. SNA's aren't allowed a so-called "home of record" move until after API so you might have to wait slightly longer to get your stuff moved. If you are a NFO they will allow you to move your stuff down after OCS. However the good news is that I have friends who stored stuff during OCS and API and the Navy later reimbursed them for the cost. You might have to complain a lot to the right people in order to get on that plan.
Incidentally, who is your recruiter? I came through NRD New England and also did a stint working in that office during my stash time. There's a good group of folks working in that office.
Best of luck.

Falcaner

hey Eagle1,
My recuiter's name is Lt. David Kim. i wouldn't be at all surpised if you know him. When were you stashed there anyway??

Jeff29

Science Project
Falcaner,

Would you mind asking your recruiter if he, by chance, graduated from the Academy in '94.

As far as storage goes, the Navy has to either pack your stuff and put if in storage, or reimburse you for storage. While at OCS, they will not pay you your housing allowance (unless you're married). As a result, they must help you with the storage of your household goods. I would contact the transportation office at the nearest military base (doesn't have to be Navy) and see if they will come pick up your stuff and store it (before OCS). It's in their best interest to do it now since they'll have to pack, and move it eventually and reimburse you for storage. If they do it now, they save money because they can store it in their own facility.

--Jeff

Eagle1

Falcaner-
LT Kim is awesome- he was great when I worked up there on Summer St. I was in the office this past winter -Jan/Feb- enjoying all that our lovely New England has to offer in the cold months. Are you in Boston now? I'll be in the city tomorrow through Friday re-living my college days. Yeah, as if it was sooo long ago.
Have a good one.

Falcaner

Hey Eagle1,
Yea i am still hear will till about the 27th or 28th. And your right Lt Kim has been great totaly hosest and up front. i should know the difference between a good recuiter and a bad on because i had a bad one when i tried to join the air force.
Sean

Falcaner

Dave,
Actualy i ahve had any problems with my security clearence. I did have a problem with my eyes but it all worked out..that is probaly what you are thinking about.

Sean

Kraftwerk

quote:
Falcaner-
LT Kim is awesome- he was great when I worked up there on Summer St. I was in the office this past winter -Jan/Feb

Yeah, he took me and Eagle1 out to lunch too! Hey C, did you do OHARP after OCS? Thought you classed up in API long time ago.

Dave Shutter

Falcaner...

I keep losing track of all the guys off to OCS for SNA/SNFO and whatnot, are you going Navy now for pilot?

...ahhh, I remember the good old days when it was just five of us shooting the sh*t on what plane/service/community was the best...

D

Falcaner

dave,
Yup I am going Navy the navy for pilot got acepted a few weeks ago and am going to be sworing in this comeing monday. Then its off to OCS baby..WOO WOO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.