• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stopping at Airport USOs

taxi1

pilot
I make it a point whenever possible to hit the USOs at airports and drop some cash in the box at the entrance. What a great service to members and family.

Spent an hour using the Wi-Fi at the Denver USO yesterday, super volunteers working there and a lot of young folks taking advantage of the space. Nice.

Was stranded in OHare yesterday, but completely forgot to check theirs out.

Curious if any of the airline types check in on them and contribute, in your travels.

Mos

None
Not a pilot, but I've visited the SeaTac USO a handful of times. It used to be kind of crappy, but they renovated it a few years ago and now it's pretty nice. The volunteers are good people, mostly older folks. If it was in the terminal like most airline lounges, I might visit more often.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
I usually try and use them when I can. Unfortunately, the Boston Logan USO wasn’t open during their normal hours when I was there a few weeks ago. Definitely appreciate what the volunteers do so we can have a nice space to relax for a few hours before our next flight.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I make it a point whenever possible to hit the USOs at airports and drop some cash in the box at the entrance. What a great service to members and family.

Spent an hour using the Wi-Fi at the Denver USO yesterday, super volunteers working there and a lot of young folks taking advantage of the space. Nice.

Was stranded in OHare yesterday, but completely forgot to check theirs out.

Curious if any of the airline types check in on them and contribute, in your travels.
I too have made a habit of popping in. When commuting and arriving a couple hours early would sometimes hang out in the USO. On the way to Germany for a USNR gig took a long delay in ORD. USO was a good place to get rest. Only problem I ever had was BWI. Would not let me in without active duty orders. The PHX USO is very nice. Definitely worth the donations. Can really appreciate what they do for the young'uns.

taxi1

pilot
Been a while, but once or twice I’ve brought a business traveling companion as a guest into one. Seeing all the young enlisted heading overseas, some with families too, talking to them. Best recruiting for support of the military ever.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cue Amex Lounge post here…
As if you can find them just anywhere. But if you want a Centurion Club post, it is getting way too difficult to get in. Two out of last four times I tried to enter was told they were full. They also need to change the food menu more frequently. Booze selection remains very good.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
As if you can find them just anywhere. But if you want a Centurion Club post, it is getting way too difficult to get in. Two out of last four times I tried to enter was told they were full. They also need to change the food menu more frequently. Booze selection remains very good.

Maybe I just lucked out with timing and/or location (charlotte), but I’ve never ran into this issue.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lately PHX HOU and LHR have been running nearly full or closed for capacity. Fortunately got in at LHR.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Lately PHX HOU and LHR have been running nearly full or closed for capacity. Fortunately got in at LHR.
Most of the airline clubs have been overrun with card holders. I still use the Admirals Club (beats the terminal) but it is slipping fast. PHX USO is great but the one in Boston is too far from the gates (and in the basement). Philly’s USO used to have the best chow, but I haven’t been there for quite a while.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
SEATAC is been basically impossible to get into unless you're there early when they first open. Anytime mid-day is usually a no-go.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SEATAC is been basically impossible to get into unless you're there early when they first open. Anytime mid-day is usually a no-go.
It's getting worse. I used to be able to drop in on orders and save some per diem money for food, but now it's just absurd. At some point, it's not worth getting to the airport even earlier just to tack on a 45 minute wait to get into the lounge and still have any time left for food and a drink before my flight boards. That was part of my what-do-I-get-for it decision about paying the fee, too, because they don't give it away to SELRES.

Supposedly AMEX is going to start enforcing a cardholders-only rule where you have to pay for each guest to avoid people bringing the entire family in and clogging up the place.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Supposedly AMEX is going to start enforcing a cardholders-only rule where you have to pay for each guest to avoid people bringing the entire family in and clogging up the place.
FYI…

”U.S. Platinum Card® and U.S. Business Platinum Card® Members will be charged a $50 USD fee for each guest (or $30 for children aged 2 through 17, with proof of age). U.S. Platinum Card® and U.S. Business Platinum Card® Members will qualify for Complimentary Guest Access for up to two guests per visit after spending $75,000 in eligible purchases on their Card between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022 and in each calendar year thereafter.”