• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stogies & Scotch in the Sandbox

robav8r

None
Contributor
Heading to the sandbox in Dec and looking for some good cigar bar recommendations. Can't remember if the Seafarer club in Jebel still sells spirits and/or stogies, but I'm expecting to venture into Dubai to replenish my stash. Appreciate any duty-free / cigar store recommendations.

Thanks !

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
As of a year ago, the Seafarer center center sold spirits. Don't remember about tobacco although I know some places in the sandbox sold good cigars.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As of June the Seafarer center sells spirits. There's a duty-free store in the port complex that has beer, booze, and cigars as well.

Renegade One

None
Heading to the sandbox...Can't remember if the Seafarer club in Jebel still sells spirits and/or stogies, but I'm expecting to venture into Dubai to replenish my stash. Appreciate any duty-free / cigar store recommendations.

Thanks !
Um…. does/do Jebel and/or Dubai REALLY qualify as the "sandbox"? Says someone who was never in either…

Can you be drawing HDP while drawing on a nice Cubano?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Um…. does/do Jebel and/or Dubai REALLY qualify as the "sandbox"? Says someone who was never in either…

Can you be drawing HDP while drawing on a nice Cubano?
Yes...
Did it in 2010 and 2012...my chances of getting shot at, virtually nil...my chances of spending all my HDP and Per-Diem on booze and cigars? Purty good!
Pickle

robav8r

None
Contributor
OK, thanks for the gouge, I appreciate it! Found some interesting cigar lounges in Dubai - I'll post a review following the carnage.

Cheers !