• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Still no SWO slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMesa8

I'm reading posts from 2001 and 2002 saying that SWO slots are basically filled. Its 2005 now and I'm applying for BDCP and a hopeful commission in 2007. My recruiter and NRD is telling me that SWO is full... will there ever be a downturn and more of a demand for SWO's, or is this the way that the Navy is set for the future?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DarkMesa8 said:
I'm reading posts from 2001 and 2002 saying that SWO slots are basically filled. Its 2005 now and I'm applying for BDCP and a hopeful commission in 2007. My recruiter and NRD is telling me that SWO is full... will there ever be a downturn and more of a demand for SWO's, or is this the way that the Navy is set for the future?
SWO full? Now I've seen everything.

Brett

IT1toOfficer

Class 0606!!! New Ensigns!!! (as of Jan27th)
I made a Call

I was told my some LT at NNRC that for FY06 they plan on taking 36 SWO's.

They might of used them already, but I hope not I'm applying for Crypto, SWO and Supply.

Ex Rigger

pilot
I know for a fact that here at A&M a couple of mids didn't get SWO slots so they are being forced into NFO.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
normanja211 said:
I know for a fact that here at A&M a couple of mids didn't get SWO slots so they are being forced into NFO.
That's happening a lot around the country at many units.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
normanja211 said:
Whoa! They will be happier because of it... jk

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
normanja211 said:

FORCED avaiation?!?!?! My God, someone call WX-BRIEF and get the wx for hell.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Yes I know it seems nuts but right now we have too many JO's in the fleet. Recently they gave out a Minimum Service requirement wavier to let people get out early. I heard they didn’t get enough, and they may be offering it again soon. Also it is truly 18 months to your SWO pin or your gone. At lest that in mantra from the top. As for when it will get better I have absolute no idea. But I am guessing it will be right about the time they figure out that they don't have enough people in a certain year group.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I am so utterly flabbergasted it's sickening. You WANT to go SWO? Why would...Are you just...What the f....?! Damn, dude...are you NPQ from flight or something?

To those who PREFER that kind of punishment, more power to them.

That reminds me...there was this mid doing a cruise on my ship and I asked him what his 2nd class cruise was on. He said in a VF squadron. Intrigued, I asked him why he wanted to do a surface cruise and go SWO. He said all they did at the squadron was fly a couple times, watch movies, and leave work early. He said he wanted to have a job where he'd have more to do and be kept busy. You know what I said to him? I don't either, but it was something along the lines of..."If that's what you really want, then you DESERVE to be a SWO."

You know, I always knew I was bitter with the community, but when I found out my lat xfer was approved, I started flat out hating it.

Oh, and Falconer...18 mos. is still not a drop-dead point. A POS ensign from my last ship just got his pin in January. His 18 mos. were up in July. Frankly, I'm amazed this guy even got his letter, let alone his pin.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Road Program said:
That reminds me...there was this mid doing a cruise on my ship and I asked him what his 2nd class cruise was on. He said in a VF squadron. Intrigued, I asked him why he wanted to do a surface cruise and go SWO. He said all they did at the squadron was fly a couple times, watch movies, and leave work early. He said he wanted to have a job where he'd have more to do and be kept busy. You know what I said to him? I don't either, but it was something along the lines of..."If that's what you really want, then you DESERVE to be a SWO."

You know, I always knew I was bitter with the community, but when I found out my lat xfer was approved, I started flat out hating it.
Glad you finally admitted your bitterness. It's only taken you 5 1/2 years to get that out.

For me, I'd rather be a SWO than an NFO any day of the week, so I really feel for those guys that are getting stuck with the NFO slots. The SWO community finally wised up and let it be known they weren't going to be the dumping ground for the rest of the communities anymore. In an ironic twist, it looks like the FO community is the flying trash truck now.

Reactions: bch

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
IT1toOfficer said:
I was told my some LT at NNRC that for FY06 they plan on taking 36 SWO's.
Who in their right mind would want these slots. I bet they still have 34 or 35 left at the end of the fiscal year.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
For me, I'd rather be a SWO than an NFO any day of the week, so I really feel for those guys that are getting stuck with the NFO slots.
So do you choose the really ugly girl just so you WILL have to chew your arm off?

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAL Pilot said:
So do you choose the really ugly girl just so you WILL have to chew your arm off?
This post included with your others, you have a funny way trying to make your point without ever really doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.