• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

still no flight physical

Yankee Uniform Tango
I have my orders to attend OCC-201 on May 28th, but I've yet to receive a flight physical (OCC guys, unlike the PLC crowd, are required to have a FS before showing up at OCS) or hear anything about my PRK waiver.

My OSO staff is excellent, however, I'm getting worried. I'd hate to go over anyone's head and potentially piss someone off, but is there anywhere I can call/e-mail (NAMI/NOMI, BUPERS?) to hopefully expedite the process?

phrogpilot73

Give your OSO a call, and tell him you're concerned that you haven't heard anything. Ask him if it's OK if you call NOMI/BUMED. That way you won't piss them off...

Garrettrw

Hey, at least you're going. I was told by my OSO that because my flight physical hasn't been stamped by NAMI yet that my packet couldn't be submitted for April. I've seen guys waiting for months to get their flight physical approved, so now I'm wondering if I'll even make it to apply for the OCT class. I'm applying for OCC as well.

Yankee Uniform Tango
Got the word the other day that I won't get my FS in time for 201. Looks like it's October for me.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
other option is to sign a ground contract and have it convert to air while you're at OCS. It's what I did. Mine changed to an air contract the day before graduation. cutting it close... :)

Yankee Uniform Tango
other option is to sign a ground contract and have it convert to air while you're at OCS. It's what I did. Mine changed to an air contract the day before graduation. cutting it close... :)

No joy...In my district, ground contracts were the most competitive and were given away months ago. The only way half the people in my office were able to go to 201, was on an air contract.

AJB37

Some ground contracts will also be put on IRR until October after they commission in August.