• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Steps after ASTB / Commission Application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

Hey guys,

Ok, I'm done with the ASTB. I'm presently putting together my application for commission (probably put it in late next week, or mid the week after that). Biggest thing is getting my recommendations and academic completion plan done.

Anyway, after I put in my package, I wanted to be clear on the "order of operations," in the sense of what happens next?

I think my recruiter said that after I put in my application, I go off and get a physical. Now, would that be before or after I get professionlly recommended.

How long does it take for the application process to go through? Does the security agency do your background check before you get recommended?

When do I take my first physical fitness test? Is that only the In-PRT for OCS, or do I have to take something before I go that way?

Well, I really appreciate the help. I just want to get an idea of what to expect over the coming weeks/months.

~Nate

PS - I apologize for not taking the time to search through the forums for this question. I'm sure at least some of this has been answered, I just felt selfish and wanted a consolidated answer for myself
eyebrows_125.gif

WFU2USN

Nate,

The physical and PRT, I believe, are after you get prof. recommended. Unfortunately, it could be a matter of weeks or months before you hear back.

Good luck!

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

Status
Not open for further replies.