• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Starting Officer Package as a SelRes

Good evening everyone!

I am currently a selres who is deployed overseas. I'm attempting to put in my officer package for SNA, I have been working on the application stated in 1420.1b, as that is what I was told by an OR last fall. That being said, I just talked with a different officer recruiter from another recruiting district that said as a selres I go through an OR and only need a DD-368.

I am confused on which recruiter to listen to, and if both are correct is one route better than the other?

Thank you in advance!

Sasquatch

Good evening everyone!

I am currently a selres who is deployed overseas. I'm attempting to put in my officer package for SNA, I have been working on the application stated in 1420.1b, as that is what I was told by an OR last fall. That being said, I just talked with a different officer recruiter from another recruiting district that said as a selres I go through an OR and only need a DD-368.

I am confused on which recruiter to listen to, and if both are correct is one route better than the other?

Thank you in advance!
Ahansen. Listen to the recruiter who told you that the 1420 doesn’t apply to you. The 1420
Is for in service (I.e. active component) enlisted to Officer programs. As a SELRES you do not fall under the 1420.

exNavyOffRec

Ahansen. Listen to the recruiter who told you that the 1420 doesn’t apply to you. The 1420
Is for in service (I.e. active component) enlisted to Officer programs. As a SELRES you do not fall under the 1420.

That is the way it should be but if they changed it back NTAG's haven't been given clear direction from NRC as most are kicking them back to their reserve commands to do the 1420.1b

Sasquatch

I have had two SELRES contact me after submitting applications via the 1420 whose applications were rejected by pers since they don’t fall under that instruction.
I am sure there are inconsistencies in how it is handled mostly because nobody ever actually reads instructions while frequently saying “THE INSTRUCTION SAYS fill in the blank with whatever they were told or want the instruction to say in support of their opinion”.

kinda like that infamous instruction that says shoelaces must be right over left