• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Starting a Boost Package Help!

Bishopgoldy

Im a PFC almost Lance and I was told about BOOSt before I joined the Corps
I want to get started wen i it Lance but things first
- Who do I talk To
- How do I get Info
- What should I expect
-Is talking to an Officer Jumping Command?
- how does the Selection Process work
- Who is the competition and how likely are E-3's gettin in?
all comments are appreciated

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Im a PFC almost Lance and I was told about BOOSt before I joined the Corps
I want to get started wen i it Lance but things first

There is no rank requirement, so you may as well apply. Worst case scenario is you don't get accepted, but even then, if you apply next year, your package may look better because it shows you have applied more than once.

When I went through MECEP prep, there was a very large percentage of guys who had applied once or even twice before they got accepted.

- Who do I talk To
- How do I get Info

Start with the order:
MECEP: http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO 1560.15L.pdf

BOOST: http://www.usmc.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCO 1560.24D.pdf

I believe you can apply for both simultaneously, which you should do.

The purpose of BOOST is to: "...[provide] an opportunity for selected
personnel of all ethnic groups from educationally deprived or
culturally differentiated backgrounds to compete more equitably
for selection to the Marine Corps Enlisted Commissioning
Education Program (MECEP)"

So depending on your background you might not be a suitable candidate for BOOST, although that shouldn't necessarily stop you from applying for both.

It says you need to be a Corporal, but you don't, that was changed.

Hopefully, your chain of command will help you out, but if they don't, then it is up to you to use the order and create your package.

I would take a manilla folder, use the Marine Corps Order to create a list of things you need for your package, and staple that list to the front. As you add things to your package, cross them off the list.

- What should I expect

This is a huge subject, you could spend hours and hours on this website for all the different phases of the mecep process and still not have it all. For now, just worry about what is ahead of you: Putting in the package and getting accepted.

-Is talking to an Officer Jumping Command?

Not if you ask your chain of command if you can talk to him

- how does the Selection Process work

You will submit a package in the spring time, forget about it, then a MARADMIN will come out with all the people who are accepted sometime in the early fall, if your name is on it, you are in. Simple. You then have a whole year of everyone in your unit making officer jokes to you before you head off for MECEP Prep the next summer.

- Who is the competition and how likely are E-3's gettin in?
all comments are appreciated

You are 100% more likely to get accepted if you submit a package then if you don't.

Bishopgoldy

thanks .. funny how i never thought about the folder n check list its a start though!
100% more likely... alright! so there is no limit and

when you said submit in spring time

there are certain times you have to submit?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Read the orders.

It says: "Applications must reach the Commanding General, Marine
Corps Recruiting Command (MRON) not later than 31 January of the
application year."

This doesn't mean that you fax the CG your package on 30 January. If you go through your unit they are going to require your package to be in closer to late spring/early summer so they can go over it and make sure it is all kosher, and you are also going to have to get the approval of your chain of command.

If I were you I would read both orders, in their entirety (print them out and highlight shit even). Once you understand what is going on, I would talk to your work center supervisor, and then your OIC, and they should get the ball rolling for you.

deloachth

Tank god
I know that the orders for MECEP and BOOST say the deadline is in Jan, but MARADMIN takes precedence. The packages are due to MCRC by 1AUG. So they should be on your CG's desk at least a month prior to that. I know TECOM's CG said he wanted them by 1JUL. This year the board convened 27 OCT for about two weeks. I should know, I'm anxiously awaiting the results by MARADMIN. I've been checking about every 30 min.

Got any other questions about the package let me know. The trick is research, research, research. Nobody's gonna help you but you.

And that bit about the folder, awesome idea. did it myself. I had a different folder for each attachment that was required. just to keep it organized.

oh yeah, about the stats on who was selected. try this link......

https://www.mcrc.usmc.mil/G3/Officer/mecep.htm

It'll tell you the statistics on last year's board... how many applied...how many selected....what ranks, race, and even what MOS field.