• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Started my App

mike172

GO NAVY
:eek: Well ive finally started my NROTC App, any advice from those that know? Also I have one real question, Do you send a transcript to NROTC as well, a college transcript that is because the app leaves out alot of stuff like clubs and what have you. Thanks for any answers. Wish me luck!:D

jtellez

They will request a transcript I think. I rememeber after I sent my application in I got a big packet filled with papers I had to fill out and with things I had to get like a transcript and reccomendations.

My advice: GET THINGS IN EARLY! (especially if you want to hear back early from the board). Write good essays and get many people to proof-read and give advice one, include everything you can about yourself, all your awards, clubs and activities. Your best chances are to have the application in early and have a high math SAT score, but there is so much stuff they look at, just be an overall good candidate. Plus, during your interview, just act cool and normally and show them you don't want to scholarship for the money, but you want it because you want to become a Naval Officer.

Thats all I know for now, there are people on this site that know much more then me and have gone through more. The last thing I wanna say is don't get discouraged if you don't think you got that great of a shot. I turned in my application REALLY LATE (end of december/beginning of January), had a low SAT Math score (550), GPA wasn't that great 3.3, but I did my best and I was one of the last people to hear back from the scholarship board (end of april) and I was awarded a scholarship to my first choice school VMI.

mike172

GO NAVY
I have a question already! the website says list all extracuricular activities. Where on the online app do i list them? It has some things like music participation, and school news paper, but for instance im in Chess Club, FBLA, and a conflict debate club. Where do these things go? Maybe i should call and ask someone.

jtellez

I put things like FBLA and Debate under "Other Activities". That section is right after the Music Participation area.