• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Standby for more trouble with the airlines?

snake020

Contributor
American as "stable?" This article rates them as the most likely of the majors to go under at 1:2.

My bet is still on United. At least they added Continental as a mileage codeshare partner so I have somewhere to use my miles if they do indeed die off.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I was a little surprised to see Southwest on the list...
It depends upon when their fuel hedges expire ..

The current fuel prices, if left unchecked, will bury the U.S. airline industry.

That is a strategic national emergency ... and should be treated as such.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
It's possible that there will be new emerging airlines in the aftermath. Plus, there may be opportunities with foreign airlines plying US routes etc.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Plus, there may be opportunities with foreign airlines plying US routes etc.
That's not a good thing. Foreign airlines, by and large, are the worst when it comes to safety, procedures, airmanship, and professionalism. We do NOT want to go there ...

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
That's not a good thing. Foreign airlines, by and large, are the worst when it comes to safety, procedures, airmanship, and professionalism. We do NOT want to go there ...

Can we at least adopt some of their practices???

49f9617d30ca277cf92d0b473037b248.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It depends upon when their fuel hedges expire ..

The current fuel prices, if left unchecked, will bury the U.S. airline industry.

That is a strategic national emergency ... and should be treated as such.

I have heard that for 4 years, and yet they are still making a profit. I guess it pays to plan ahead. ;)

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
I did not know that. I figured Virgin Atlantic and some of the other new airlines flush with money would be good companies to work for. Like Emirates, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, But then again, I was basing that off my own travel experience. Most US carriers suck compared to the international airlines. I thought it wold be the same in terms of working with them.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
jorgelito - I guess you like seeing American jobs outsourced to foreign countries.

Within the U.S., the idea is to create more opportunities for the American worker. Why should we supply foreign corporations more opportunities and displace our own workers within our borders?