• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stand up airline seating?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I don't see there being a huge issue, assuming the restraints are done correctly.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Maybe they'll strap you in like a stand up roller coaster. Way safer than a lap belt.

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
As a side note, I don't know if it can be any less comfortable than flying knee to nut in a C-130.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
threadjack- Where is the USMC Drill instructor when you need him....damn maggots. Apparently if there are enough maggots on a commercial flight, everyone must stand up!

Some of the peanut gallery comments at the bottom of that article are pretty funny.

Angels

Contributor
I didn't see, would this just be for short flights then? Who would want to stand for a 5+ hour flight?! And I think the pay to potty rule is bs. I also don't see how $1.50 cost would cover the loss of offering $6.00 flights...

eas7888

pilot
Contributor
I didn't see, would this just be for short flights then? Who would want to stand for a 5+ hour flight?! And I think the pay to potty rule is bs. I also don't see how $1.50 cost would cover the loss of offering $6.00 flights...

If I understand correctly, only a certain number of seats would be standing room. Also, the $1.50 would be for all passengers on board. Ryanair really specializes in the short hops that are prominent in the EU. Although a 5 hour flight is possible, it's more likely that you'll be on a 1-3 hour flight. Not the most comfortable. . .but if you can do it for $6.00, I'd consider it.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Stand-up inflight airline seating -- worst idea ever.

One bout of turbulence and it's game over ...

Lucy

Aww... but turbulence is the only fun part of commercial flying! :-D Although I find it soothing and maybe falling asleep while standing wouldn't be the best idea...;-)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly, I was thinking turbulence..I've been bounced around enough sitting down, I can't see their stand up "restraint" system keeping you from getting thrown around standing up.