• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA21 SAT question

Jvaircase

Hey, so I’m trying to apply for NFO thru the STA21 program, I got a 1110 on my SAT (530 math - 580 reading) you guys think that’s good enough or should I re take it to get a better score ?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Assuming you're nearby a NROTC-hosted school, why not find some STA-21 Officer Candidates there to network and get their tips / strategies.

There also might be some STA-21 officers in your command, but if not heed the advice above.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, so I’m trying to apply for NFO thru the STA21 program, I got a 1110 on my SAT (530 math - 580 reading) you guys think that’s good enough or should I re take it to get a better score ?
You've met the minimums as far as SAT (500/500).

Hopefully you understand that STA-21 is a VERY COMPETITIVE program.

With that said, you want to be as competitive as possible with your package. Everything that goes in your package is evaluated. How's your ASTB scores? HS or College GPA? Technical or non-technical degree college credits? Warfare qualifications? Break out ranked Evals? SOY? SOM? Awards? CO's recommendation? Review board recommendations? Personal Motivation letter?

Hopefully you've read the OPNAVINST 1420.1B. I would recommend you read it multiple times, then start building your package. Pay attention to submission timelines.