• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennyism

I have recently heard a rumor that the STA-21 program now has the option of IP officer. Could anyone confirm or deny this for me? Thank you very much.

V/R

DS

Navy Swimmer02

I am an Airman about to graduate from AW "A" school. I have goals of becoming a Naval Officer, more specifically an NFO. I cannot apply next year becasue I will still be completing my initial training. So as of now I am planning to submit a package in 2006. My grades are good, but I am taking my SAT's again to try and get a more competitive score. I have over 50 college credits as of now and I am involved with several voluteer efforts within my command (NATTC). As of right now I have over 50 college credits which transfer to most universities, however my question is which universities and degree programs would be more beneficial to me as an prospective NFO. The University of Oklahoma is the only school that I can seem to find that has a specific degree in avaition. Embry-riddle has a good Professional aeronautics degree aswell. Does anyone know of any others?

haydog

I am currently in ERAU's pro air degree. The good thing about ERAU is they just opened a NROTC det in Daytona. I am a student at their extended campus @ ocena and the counsler said that I don't even have to apply there because I am a student already. They also I have found give the most credits to airdales than any other college I looked at here. Plus Daytona isn't but 4 or 5 hours from P-cola where flight school is.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
AWguy04 said:
I am an Airman about to graduate from AW "A" school. I have goals of becoming a Naval Officer, more specifically an NFO. I cannot apply next year becasue I will still be completing my initial training. So as of now I am planning to submit a package in 2006. My grades are good, but I am taking my SAT's again to try and get a more competitive score. I have over 50 college credits as of now and I am involved with several voluteer efforts within my command (NATTC). As of right now I have over 50 college credits which transfer to most universities, however my question is which universities and degree programs would be more beneficial to me as an prospective NFO. The University of Oklahoma is the only school that I can seem to find that has a specific degree in avaition. Embry-riddle has a good Professional aeronautics degree aswell. Does anyone know of any others?
Just out of curiosity, are you asking about the Aviation-related degree b/c you think it'll help you get selected NFO? If so, then the answer is that your current degree/educational experience will have absolutely NO bearing on which option you get selected for. I was a Nuke MM, and I got picked up NFO, as did many other nukes at my last command. And I had a mish-mash of transferrable college credits, some technical, many not. Basically, as the saying goes, it's all based upon the needs of the Navy first, and your own request second.
Now if you're asking about what specific degrees/schools would benefit you as a winged NFO in the future, well, I can't speak for the NFO community, but I have every confidence that as a former Nuke, with a Mech. Engr. degree, I'll make just as good of an NFO as anyone. And I'm sure that there are many high quality NFO's out there with non-technical or liberal arts degrees.
So the bottom line is, just follow your heart's desires, work hard, and DO WELL at whatever you do. If you do this, things will probably fall into place, and will work out well for you.

Navy Swimmer02

Thank you for the advice. I will definetly do that. I am now at VP-30 awaiting to class up for my observer phase of training. I am really excited about learning the aircraft (P-3C) and what my job entails. Anyone with any advice for an NFO wannabe send me an e-mail (IAN7702@AOL.COM) I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, be safe.

AWAN LaBouff

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
AWguy04 said:
... My grades are good, but I am taking my SAT's again to try and get a more competitive score.

Are you using one of the Princeton Reveiw books? I significantly improved my score using their book.

Just a thought. Good luck with getting picked up too.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
You are aware that you can apply to STA 21 at any time, regardless of where you are in your training pipeline, aren't you?

AWguy04 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.