• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 program

Status
Not open for further replies.

alison20

Banned
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any information on the sta-21 program. I was wondering about their policies on emailing, phone calls, and liberty. If anyone has any info, i would greatly appreciate it!:)

MasterBates

STA-21 essentially equals ROTC student, but with your normal pay and still eligible for advancement. One of my AW's just left to go to the BOOST class @ Newport.

MasterBates

In short, you are a college student. Maintain BCA/PFA, and stayout of trouble. Live like a normal ROTC student.

nateb

I knew it. I'm surrounded by a**holes!
Here's a good place to start https://www.sta-21.navy.mil. Your question is kind of difficult to answer. Are you talking about BOOST, NSI, or time at the college? If you can't find that kind of info on the STA-21 site, there are plenty around here to answer your question, although some of our info is probably becoming a bit dated.

Nate

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Im in the middle of NSI at the moment and Id be happy to answer any Q's.
Phone calls in Boost and Nsi are allowed...
Email in Boost and Nsi are allowed...
Liberty in Boost is anytime not during school hours...
Liberty in Boost is off base on weekends from the second week on...

Hope that helps

alison20

Banned
Hi..Sorry its taking so long for me to reply..I thought i would get a message in my email if there were responses..I was wondering if you get new email addresses when you get to newport..such as a military address? my friend hasnt contacted me yet and i have no way to contact him..i tried emailing him at his normal address but im not sure if he can access it...are some weekends spent studying or do lots of people get off the base when they have liberty? i was told that the amount of libery depends on the company youre in...and that maybe a lot of time would be spent studying..i think my friend is strictly in NSI..i dont really know the difference, except i know BOOST is 3 months and the regular sta-21 program is 9 weeks, i think...

alison20

Banned
I also just wanted to say that i have checked out the sta-21 website..it didnt help too much...im just trying to get information about what goes on there and what the students can do..im not looking to enlist or anything..:p

FMRAM

Alison...are you sure that your "friend" wants to keep in touch? We have been here for 3 weeks now...

alison20

Banned
yeah i know you guys have been there for three weeks......i was just wondering about email and stuff like that..i dont want to keep writing to his old email address if he isnt able to check that one...im just wondering about some stuff, thats all..

Crowbar

None
alison20 said:
trust me, there is more going on here with this guy

Sounds like something the two of you need to figure out between yourselves. A wise man wouldn't ask any more questions or offer any more assistance after that comment.

alison20

Banned
i'd really just like to know that if i send an email to one address that works, that he'll get it...i've been stupid, and i want to apologize..thats pretty much it.. :indiffere

alison20

Banned
all im saying, is he is my best friend..there was more with him before, but right now, we're supposed to be just friends..which is what i would like, our friendship..anyways, i was just wondering about what these students get, from liberty to computer access and all that..

FMRAM

Sounds like something the two of you need to figure out between yourselves. A wise man wouldn't ask any more questions or offer any more assistance after that comment.

concur :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.