• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 placement question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orbit

If you are lucky enough to get selected for the STA-21 program, what is the process the Navy uses to place you at the schools you selected in your application? Also, are you required to fulfill those school's requirements for transfer admission, or does being a part of the STA-21 program make you a special case?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
I'm not sure, I have received conflicting information from my CCC and a LT from the USC ROTC unit. If anyone can clarify I would appreciate it too!

mbeaser

A guy from my base was selected and he was 3 credits shy of being a transfer student from his first choice school, but got his 2nd. If there is not room in the ROTC unit at a school you aren't going to be able to get in, and you need to pick a school that you can definitely graduate from in 36 months. I think quite a few get 1st choice, if they are accepted by the school. Still, if you don't submit a school that works for them, and don't submit a 2nd choice, they can always drop you and go for an alternate.

cjettaf

BLACK SHOES
I hope this helps. I applied to three universities and kept in touch with STA-21 the entire time and informed them of my intentions. For the most part you can get what you want. I don't know anyone here in my NSI class who did not get their first choice. As far as transfer requirements, there are none. You can enter as a freshman as long as you can complete the degree requirements in 3 years or less. Once you have final orders to your university, it is rather hard to change the school though. You must have a VERY good reason.
Good luck!
-CJF

Status
Not open for further replies.