• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Physicals Stuck at NAMI

SHAF

Idle for glory
pilot
If you are still waiting for NAMI approval on physicals like I was, then read this--it could save your slot:

I turned my flight physical in over a month ago and only today did it finally get the okay from NAMI. The reason? Well, apparently the doc forgot to sign my physical and it made it all the way to NAMI before anyone cared. I am stationed in Pensacola so after waiting for several weeks, I went to the NAMI offices where the civilians work and approve the packages. I asked if there was anything they needed that was causing the delay, and without skipping a beat one of them grabbed my physical and said, "oh yeah, you just need a signature". They didnt feel like passing the word along. All they needed to do was phone, or heck, even walk over to the STA-21 office right down the street and let them know that I was missing a signature, but I guess they simply couldnt be bothered... So, if you are still waiting approval, do yourself a favor call up J.R. Garmeson at (850) 452-2257 and see if you can do anything to remedy the situation. They are nice enough people and after you talk to them they are completely willing to help you, but dang, throw a dog a bone.

MCDGexx

HM8406 in Training
If you are still waiting for NAMI approval on physicals like I was, then read this--it could save your slot:

I turned my flight physical in over a month ago and only today did it finally get the okay from NAMI. The reason? Well, apparently the doc forgot to sign my physical and it made it all the way to NAMI before anyone cared. I am stationed in Pensacola so after waiting for several weeks, I went to the NAMI offices where the civilians work and approve the packages. I asked if there was anything they needed that was causing the delay, and without skipping a beat one of them grabbed my physical and said, "oh yeah, you just need a signature". They didnt feel like passing the word along. All they needed to do was phone, or heck, even walk over to the STA-21 office right down the street and let them know that I was missing a signature, but I guess they simply couldnt be bothered... So, if you are still waiting approval, do yourself a favor call up J.R. Garmeson at (850) 452-2257 and see if you can do anything to remedy the situation. They are nice enough people and after you talk to them they are completely willing to help you, but dang, throw a dog a bone.

I just finished working temporary duty at NAMI with their physical exams unit, you probably saw me while you were there, we do get some cases where a file is placed in a doc box, and the doc's don't always check their boxes but twice a month if that much, or it can be placed in the wrong box.

MCDGexx

HM8406 in Training
no offense to flight docs but shit, how hard is it to do your damn job.

I do mean no offense ;)

I've worked directly with the flight docs there, their jobs are not exactly easy, they see anywhere from 20-100 patients a day usually split between only 2-3 docs, so yah their plates are a little full over there at NAMI.

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I've worked directly with the flight docs there, their jobs are not exactly easy, they see anywhere from 20-100 patients a day usually split between only 2-3 docs, so yah their plates are a little full over there at NAMI.

So what your saying is on the worst of days you can have a doc that works about 12-13 hours. I don't know about you but that sounds like a damn fine Navy day for me, and thats not including my non-existent lunch break. IMOP it seems that every time I go over to medical there is always some type of problem and they find some reason to give me a hard time for seeing them. I am sure that over at NAMI the story is just about the same.

I don't like docs, flight docs, or many people over at medical.

MCDGexx

HM8406 in Training
So what your saying is on the worst of days you can have a doc that works about 12-13 hours. I don't know about you but that sounds like a damn fine Navy day for me, and thats not including my non-existent lunch break. IMOP it seems that every time I go over to medical there is always some type of problem and they find some reason to give me a hard time for seeing them. I am sure that over at NAMI the story is just about the same.

I don't like docs, flight docs, or many people over at medical.

hah the docs have to do alot more than just see patients.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
no offense to flight docs but shit, how hard is it to do your damn job.

I do mean no offense ;)

Maybe you should gain a better understanding of what that job is.

"I don't like docs, flight docs, or many people over at medical."

Noted. Hmmmm, do I hear a heart murmur?

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I have had my share of problems since being in the Navy. Its bad when the docs ask you what you looked up on Google about your issues so that they can learn about what you have. Regardless, I don't care for docs and thats my personal opinion.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I don't think I have ever really enjoyed a visit to medical, but that really isn't the Doc's fault.