• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Personal Statement

misplacedsock

Hello,

I am submitting for the first time and this is my first version of a personal statement. Please give me your critical thoughts, and mayhaps if you are willing, I would love to see what statements you guys used when accepted.

Thank you!

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is My Misplaced Sock, and I am an Information Systems Technician Second Class in the United States Navy. It feels amazing being able to say what I do for a living, because I worked hard to do the things I've wanted to do my whole life. My dream is to aspire people and lead the way for positive changes in the world's greatest Navy.

Growing up without a mother was difficult, and I did not have a grasp on what I should be doing to achieve my goals in life. I began working at a young age to support my family and struggled in school. After being rejected to join the Navy following my fifth attempt, I became depressed and dropped out of high school. Out of determination, I wrote to my Congressman for the chance of proving myself fit to wear the uniform, and soon after that I was on the bus to boot camp.

Henry Ford's quote "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right" is one that I hold myself up to on a daily basis. Since joining the Navy, I have tried and tested myself on many levels with the vast amount of opportunities the Navy has to offer everyone. Throughout my education and training, I proved myself academically, whereby graduating with honors in two schools, and attending the pilot-phase program for USNCC earning the Naval Studies certificate. Leading sailors through drill as Honor Guard Coordinator and as class leader in "A" school were my favorite responsibilities; having the privilege of volunteering as a sports coach and an English teacher in a foreign country equally fueled my desire to be a leader. From the first day being enlisted, I have dedicated myself to commissioning through the Seaman to Admiral 21 program, and with the skills I learned throughout my career, I know I will make a difference as an officer.

I am proud to present my best self for the chance of becoming a naval aviator. Through my can-do determination, I will not become discouraged should I not be accepted, and I will find myself in that cockpit.

Thank you.

Very respectfully,

(Signature)
My Wonderful Name, IT2, USN

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
There’s already a “mega” motivational statement thread for you to post and see how other statements are written.

Also, if you’re familiar with Chatgbt, use that as a guide + background to craft yours. Don’t copy / paste the entire thing.