• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Housing

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know about base housing while going to school in STA-21? I'm wondering if they would put you in Junior Officer or go by your enlisted rank. Don't think I would choose base housing but figured I'd at least have to look into it so I could be informed.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Anyone know about base housing while going to school in STA-21? I'm wondering if they would put you in Junior Officer or go by your enlisted rank. Don't think I would choose base housing but figured I'd at least have to look into it so I could be informed.

While I can only speculate, I would say that since the program states that "you retain all pay, allowances and benefits of your enlisted rank while enrolled in the program" that you'd be given base housing accomodations commensurate with your enlisted paygrade as well. Being a Chief I don't see that as being too big of an issue for you though! ;)

future_sta21nfo

I have supposed as well that because you retain your current pay and benefits, that you get paid the same BAH as well.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am not STA. STA guys got full LT pay w/bah plus the Navy paid for their school.

Flyboylance

New VR FTS select
pilot
I know while in Rhode Island at Boost, and NSI some of our guys who brought their families got to live in base housing. Housing is very expensive up there. As for while going to school I am not sure.