• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sta-21 Fleet Brief

TVal

My husband is applying to Sta-21 and I was over on their website and saw something interesting. If you click on Sta-21 Fleet Brief and view the slide presentation, you'll notice on the bottom, there are some notes (kind of hidden so you have to adjust the slide size to read). These notes seem to be talking points, but they contain some information I haven't seen anywhere else. For example-it has the goal number for last year for certain target options. Like NFO-they wanted 26 people, but only 16 applied and 5 were chosen. Stuff like that. Also, there's some interesting information about the selection boards-they are 3 weeks long, they have several officers review all packages, etc. One thing that came as a surprise was the fact that 2888 people submitted applications this year. From what I've read in the past, that almost doubles last year's submissions.

Just wanted to share, I know there are other people out there looking for all the information they can find on this program!

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
That's a really cool find right there. I scrubbed the site looking for anything cool, and never saw that. Well, that answers my question of whether or not i'll be getting out of deployment if i get picked up. (YES!)

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Just because you get picked up doesnt mean you will be leaving soon. I got picked up, found out in Oct '01, didnt leave my command to start NSI until Jun '02. It all depends on what class up you are for NSI.

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
True, i was just looking at the NSI class-up dates. but for now, my concern is more on getting selected than it is WHEN i get selected. i'll cross that bridge later. :D

heelowannabe

thats cool, im glad u found that.....i cant believe my hours of staring at the site just hoping the results would pop out didnt turn anything up=)

brixtonbulldog

FC3atheBainbridge
Saw that myself.. Too bad to find out there are no waivers for Info warfare option out of core. I was really hoping for that.