• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Applicants/Selectees Unite!

xtreme_rob

FY10 STA-21 Pilot Selectee
Just wanted to start a thread to see how many STA-21 Applicants/Selectees past and present have found their way to AW.

I'll start it off...

FC2(SW), TTWCS (Tomahawk) Tech. 21 yrs old. 3.5 years in the Navy.
Stationed in Norfolk, VA
First time FY10 STA-21 Applicant, Pilot (Core as secondary).
Applying to University of Texas; Austin.
ASTB: AQR-6, PFAR-6, OAR-56
ACT:26, 26. 27 composite.

S8G2F18

ET2 Reactor Operator/Instructor @ Nuclear Power Training Unit Ballston Spa, NY
22 yo, 3.5 years in
I have applied before

Good luck everyone

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Nuke, EM1(SW), 29 yrs old / 27 when selected, 8.5 years in the Navy when selected.
Stationed in Jax, FL in recruiting.
First time FY08 STA-21 Selectee, one shot-one kill NFO Selectee (Core as secondary).
Attending University Of North Florida - Civil Engineering Major
ASTB: AQR-7, PFAR-6, FOFAR-5, OAR-58
ACT: ENG-25, MATH-29. 30 composite.

very little college plus nuke school. Only 20 or so hours were accepted.

EM1toNFO

None
ET2 Reactor Operator/Instructor @ Nuclear Power Training Unit Ballston Spa, NY
22 yo, 3.5 years in
I have applied before

Good luck everyone

Nice user name... many won't get it. Did you know a EM1 Radosevic? He just got out.. one of my very good Navy buds, from basic, A school, power school and prototype..

joshuaphill822

FY10 NFO selectee
STGC(SW), 89 Tech, ASW intructor
27 Years Old, 9 years in.
Stationed at Mayport, Fl.
First time FY10 NFO applicant.

Waited to long and now I'll be to old to apply for Core as secondary. So it's NFO or nothing, which is what I really wanted anyways.

Applying to University of Texas at Austin. (aerospace engineering)
(hope to see you there FC2)

ASTB: AQR-7, FOFAR-7, OAR-59
ACT: English-28, Math-29, 32 composite

Good luck to all.

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
Reactor Operator turned SNA via STA-21 FY04. I did the SPU thing and a stint in the shipyard before the opportunity presented itself to shift gears. Best decision I've ever made, hands down.

Good luck to all the current applicants. S8G, I thought if you were in the pipeline (student or instructor), they pretty much coerced you into putting nuke as your first choice. Has that changed?

blizzy

FY-10 STA-21 Selectee
EOD2(EWS); 6 years in; 24 years old
First time applicant (FY-10); EOD Primary/CORE Secondary
Applying to University of South Florida

Gardito85

FY-10 STA-21 Applicant
MM1, Nuke,(SS) Edgardo Martinez
Been in 6 years, currently up at NPTU Ballston Spa as a MARF instructor, looking to getting into a plane, or a helicopter, w/e, just not on a boat again haha.

-First time Applicant
-AQR-6, PFAR-7, OAR-55
-26 Math, 30 English ACT

EM1toNFO

None
I thought if you were in the pipeline (student or instructor), they pretty much coerced you into putting nuke as your first choice. Has that changed?

They try to, but, the caveat is that only student or staff assigned to NNPTC or NPTU can apply for nuclear option. For instance, as a nuke, but being on recruiting duty, I couldn't apply for nuclear option (even though i never would have anyway).

Snipesley

Maritime Kbay
AM2(AW) FY09 Pilot Select - 4 years in
Came from VAQ 132 @ NAS Whidbey Island
Only one application but alot of prep time
Attending Auburn University
ASTB: 7,7,7 OAR 53
ACT 25 Composite

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
SERE Instructor, FC1(SW), 25 yrs old 8 years in the Navy
Stationed in San Diego, CA.
FY09 STA-21 Core Selectee, Put in SWO and Core
This was my 2nd time applying
Attending San Diego State - Computer Sciences Major

ACT: ENG-30, MATH-23. 29 composite.

very little college that transfered. about 16 Units accepted.

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
They try to, but, the caveat is that only student or staff assigned to NNPTC or NPTU can apply for nuclear option. For instance, as a nuke, but being on recruiting duty, I couldn't apply for nuclear option (even though i never would have anyway).
I see. Well, that certainly doesn't stop them from trying to catch you if you end up being a CORE selectee. So far I've only met one baby nuke who's managed to cross over to another community. And it would seem someone dropped the ball in his case.

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
AWS2 (AW/NAC), Test and Developmental Aircrewman
24 Years Old, 7 years in the Navy
Stationed at Pax River, MD
Third Time Applicant, FY09 Pilot Alternate
Accepted into the University of Maryland

This is truly a great site! Any applicants that have made their way to AW are a step ahead of the game! Many first time applicants from AW got picked up last year.

gjhouston

HM1(AW), 9502/8406 (Aerospace Medicine Tech)
30 years old/ 12 years in the Navy
Stationed in Pensacola, FL
1st time applicant Nurse Corps

I know i am not applying for an aviation program but this site has been very helpful to me and i feel so much more confident about my package from hearing other people say the same things I had questions about, Thank-you!

That being said, I am an AVT and just transferred from NAMI so if anyone has any questions about their flight physicals, i will do my best to offer advise/ information. I do still have some friends at NAMI too if you have a specific question you need help with.

I am sooooo glad to be done with my package. The one thing I learned in this process is that no matter how many times people so "if you need anything, let me know" they don't always mean it! lol, you have to look out for number one because no one else is going to!

Good Luck to All!!
Georgia

S8G2F18

Nice user name... many won't get it. Did you know a EM1 Radosevic? He just got out.. one of my very good Navy buds, from basic, A school, power school and prototype..

No, he must have been at MARF unless he left S8G >2 years ago.

Good luck to all the current applicants. S8G, I thought if you were in the pipeline (student or instructor), they pretty much coerced you into putting nuke as your first choice. Has that changed?

The interview board, CO etc. all asked me why I wasn't going Nuke and tried to talk me into it. I stuck to my guns. Last year I was the only pilot applicant at the command, this year I am 1 of 8. 2 of us are ranked very high out of 53 overall applicants so I don't think they're discriminating... maybe it's just our CO. I think as long as your reasons for going Aviation are good they're not going to hold it against you too much.