• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sta-21 and the Academy?

A.war.IN.me

Space Geek x pi
Okay so I was told that you could apply for Sta-21 on the grounds of being sent to the Naval Academy. How true is this and how might this work? You go for three years or the whole four if you don't already have college. I'm new to all of this can someone tell me the validity of this claim?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Don't know about the STA-21 Academy option...

However, if you do end up on the banks of the Severn, it will be for 4 years. The Naval Academy doesn't accept transfer credits. However, you will have the opportunity to test out of certain classes at points during your stay at USNA. It won't count for credit, but it will open some holes in you class schedule for more electives or free periods, based on your major and prior semesters' course loads. It also make it easier for you to apply for starting grad school opportunities during your senior year.

Bottom line, even if you have prior college up fron, you'll do 4 years at USNA.

That should answer one of your questions.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
STA-21 and the Academy are completely separate programs with different funding, application processes, and restrictions. 1420.1B is your friend...

johnnyfive

FY12 STA-21 Selectee (NFO), WINGED AVIATOR
I'm not sure what the actual question is. But I agree with the above post. 1420.1B says absolutely nothing about the academy. Are you saying that you heard you could apply if you agree to go to the academy??

NightVisionPen

In transition
pilot
You cannot combine the benefits of STA-21 and attend the Naval Academy. Also, as stated, the Naval Academy is for four full years. If you happen to test out of a lot of classes you can start working on your masters at a close by university during your first class year.

A.war.IN.me

Space Geek x pi
I'm not sure what the actual question is. But I agree with the above post. 1420.1B says absolutely nothing about the academy. Are you saying that you heard you could apply if you agree to go to the academy??

Well the answers here have helped me understand. And no, I have not spoken to anyone else about this. Was just wondering if the Academy was apart of the STA-21 process.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
It's apart from STA21, but not a part of it. ;)

1148_1253230725640.jpg