• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SSN Readiness

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone ever notice that everything is "complicated" to @Flash ? Some things certainly are. But sometimes claiming something complicated is simply to obfuscate. The number of details and facts alone do not make anything complicated. You can make mowing your lawn complicated if you wish.
This isn't just @Flash being a liberal; this is you being willfully ignorant on a subject, and when things get explained to you, you just put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la, I can't hear you." Again, just because you say something with enough conviction doesn't automatically make it true, and just because someone makes something "complicated" doesn't automatically make it a grand plot by the elites to screw over the common man.

You're seriously starting to show your ass here; pull your trou back up.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
The endowment discussion is appropriately timed.

My daughter is a rising high school senior and we are actively taking college tours throughout the Southwest this summer. One common thread when the guides discuss financial assistance is that certain majors have a ton of scholarships available, while others have very few to none.

After hearing that a few times I asked why that is and the answer was essentially most school provided scholarships/aid are endowment funded and the endowments specify where/how it can be spent.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This isn't just @Flash being a liberal; this is you being willfully ignorant on a subject, and when things get explained to you, you just put your fingers in your ears and go "la la la, I can't hear you." Again, just because you say something with enough conviction doesn't automatically make it true, and just because someone makes something "complicated" doesn't automatically make it a grand plot by the elites to screw over the common man.

You're seriously starting to show your ass here; pull your trou back up.
Wrong. I hear it all, and I don't think @Flash is politically a liberal. He said he wasn't some years ago on another subject and I have no reason to doubt him, or see how it bears on this debate. BTW Thanks for noticing my ass ? . I lost a couple pounds.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So how much of restricted funds ever get spent? If they spend what they are given for the purpose it was given, they would not have $50B and growing.

Did you consider that folks are continuing to donate, thereby increasing the funds? Of course if you read one of the types of endowments that they have which:
...'restricted' donations with some stipulating the school can only utilize the interest from the donation itself [and not the principal]...

Anyone ever notice that everything is "complicated" to @Flash ? Some things certainly are. But sometimes claiming something complicated is simply to obfuscate. The number of details and facts alone do not make anything complicated. You can make mowing your lawn complicated if you wish.

I gave a pretty thorough explanation as to why it was complicated, even providing links to source material (something I learned as part of my liberal arts edumacation). So I wasn't just claiming it but provided some actual proof, but you can only lead a horse to water...

Wrong. I hear it all, and I don't think @Flash is politically a liberal. He said he wasn't some years ago on another subject and I have no reason to doubt him, or see how it bears on this debate. BTW Thanks for noticing my ass ? . I lost a couple pounds.

Still applies.