• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SR-71 Blackbird remembered

HuggyU2

None
Don't know why the creator of the presentation said the author is unknown. It's a very common story, and it's by Brian Shul.
And why he stated the RSO was a "Marine Major", I don't know. The RSO was Walt Watson, a career AF officer.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't know why the creator of the presentation said the author is unknown. It's a very common story, and it's by Brian Shul.
And why he stated the RSO was a "Marine Major", I don't know. The RSO was Walt Watson, a career AF officer.

If you haven't heard of Brian, his book is the book to put on your Christmas list. Not a bad speaker either.

book3.jpg

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
If you haven't heard of Brian, his book is the book to put on your Christmas list. Not a bad speaker either.

book3.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I could justify $400+ on a book. If it was under $100 I'd go for it, but he priced me out of the market :(

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I don't think I could justify $400+ on a book. If it was under $100 I'd go for it, but he priced me out of the market :(

Check Amazon and you can get it for about half that. 3500 printed and less than 300 left....better not wait!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
If you haven't heard of Brian, his book is the book to put on your Christmas list.

I thumbed through a copy that was on the coffee table in the FBO.

Sweet book. Although, I echo the sentiments above: $427!?!?!

Is there an unsigned, no commemorative box, paperback edition available, for say 1/8 the price? How 'bout an SNA discount?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thumbed through a copy that was on the coffee table in the FBO.

Must be quite an FBO to leave a $400+ book laying around!

Sweet book. Although, I echo the sentiments above: $427!?!?!

Is there an unsigned, no commemorative box, paperback edition available, for say 1/8 the price? How 'bout an SNA discount?

Do the math: $427 x 3500 on an aircraft with limited access = a nice chunk of change. Unless you self-publish and get a distributor, a conventional book yields about $1.00 a book to the author. Brian worked a pretty sweet deal on his book and has no incentive to offer a low end copy even if sales were 8x 3500.